Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Looks like the Amazon basics 2 arm monitor stand. Which is a rebranded Ergotron monitor arm.

Handy to know as I've been after a monitor arm to try and neaten up my desk a bit.

I had a voucher and nothing to use it on so managed to get a decent discount on a couple new ropes! :)
HqXXbTel.jpg

It doesn’t have to be quite as subjective as it (rather deliberately) is at the moment. There has been plenty of research and objective testing carried out re: what makes a good speaker and objective tests/measurements manufacturers could use.

There are clear vested interests in not doing so and plenty of businesses reliant on sighted reviews, audio press describing stuff like wine snobs and relying on brand names/price brackets etc..

Maybe I’m being a bit cynical.
In fairness, audio equipment manufacturers know that these days most of the people they will be selling too are the hipster types who horde Vinyl in the post-CD age, and are more interested in having the trendy gear than how it sounds or what it costs.

You can't really blame them for catering to what their customers want.

PreSonus Eris E3.5 to replace my Mordaunt Short Mezzo 2s (the amp died and I wanted something smaller).
What are your initial thoughts compared to your amped MS?

I'm looking to simplify my setup - i don't even have my rear/center satellites installed and 2.1 with amp seems excessive for the little gaming i do now and they're annoyingly quiet for voice/radio 4/5. I'm basically after a semi decent midrange, direct computer link, for listening to Spotify/Radio while working.

Honestly? I'm shocked at how good they are. Not quite as good as the MS speakers but they're about 1/5th the size, no amp required and after I sell the MS I'll probably make money.

Edit: I have ordered some foam stands for them though as they tend to shake a little at very high volumes due to their lowish weight (and they go pretty loud). At any normal volume the little foam pads they come with would be fine.

Last edited:
Honestly? I'm shocked at how good they are. Not quite as good as the MS speakers but they're about 1/5th the size, no amp required and after I sell the MS I'll probably make money.

Edit: I have ordered some foam stands for them though as they tend to shake a little at very high volumes due to their lowish weight (and they go pretty loud). At any normal volume the little foam pads they come with would be fine.
Excellent - thanks for the added detail, appreciated.

Truly jealous! Bet they're a dream to use!

Also, what knife rack is that? Magnetic?

It slices through stuff on its own weight, very well balanced, I tried and compared it to others like Yaxell (prettier) or Wusthof. The Yaxell in particular looks amazing with its Damascus edge and polished wooden handle but it felt too grip heavy.

The Knife block is magnetic, not a very big one but all I need.

Back
Top Bottom