Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Just a little bit of RAM.

All installed. I know, the loop is poor and I need to clean the top rad, but it's functional.

Yes, I do need the RAM, plenty more VMs to deploy, here is the nested VMware lab idling.

For those interested, it's 4x virtual ESXi hosts, 8 cores each and 60 GB of RAM. Also in Workstation is the vCenter appliance. Within the nested environment I have a Veeam Windows VM as well as vRA 8 (3x VMs).

I use it for professional development (I work for VMware). I like the fact I can just suspend it all and fire up a game. Sadly if I don't suspend it (and I've only tried Apex Legends) I get huge spikes of low FPS so not really sustainable.

Run games in a VM?

Associate
kCfnAM.jpg

Got myself some eggnog for the festive season :)

Can I ask where you got this from? I've made my own and it's pretty good but I've no idea if it tastes anywhere close to how it should so would love to pick up a carton.

Soldato
Awesome piece of kit no denying but being an 8K TV it just highlights how frustrating it is that even most channels aren't even full HD yet!!
Haha yeah, 8k is crazy right now but a friend works at Samsung they have an amazing staff deal and I was able to get it at just over the retail price of a Q85R which is their mid range QLED. I was originally going for the LG C9 OLED but this offer was just too good to pass up. One of the biggest selling points for Samsung to me is the separate power/connection One Connect box you can hide away (Q85R models and above), so only one tiny wire to the TV and you can mount the TV flush to the wall with a special mount.

Soldato
rsz_img_20191218_104811.jpg

An early Christmas present from the wife. 3900X build to go with my 1080Ti I bought when they first came out. I was supposed to wait until Christmas to use it, but as I am away most of Christmas I was 'allowed' it sooner...so it was built the day I bought it all!

Back
Top Bottom