Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Associate
A fool and his money... :)

Despite rumours of GF2 being announced in February I decided to take a punt on the original, if the sequel had the same form factor I might have waited.

8rk9sjPl.jpg
nMQHBKal.jpg

Despite the mixed reviews I'm actually loving the device so far and the 1 year premium warranty from Samsung does alleviate the concerns about the devices fragility.

Nice, I'd love to get my hands on one. I was an early adopter of the iPhone and, despite the flaws of the original one, it was one of those things that always caught people's attention. For me, the fold is the first phone I've seen since then that really recaptures that. Enjoy the /flex :D

Soldato
The previous poster gets it and whilst it's not as revolutionary as the iPhone its still a high spec, low production piece of emerging tech and hence the price.

Mines not on contract but I paid around that price. Fortunately the only person I need to justify that to is myself and I'm comfortable with it, and a world of differing opinions ..

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I'm struggling to figure out what problem the Galaxy fold solves. I can see the appeal of a tablet that could be as compact as a phone, but the Fold does neither well from what I can tell.

Permabanned
I really can’t get over how much that fold costs. They have now set a new high standard and all phone companies are going to think 2K nearly is ok be charge people. That is actually worse than me robbing someone off the street!

This fold solves nothing in the tech world it just adds unnecessary bulk to a phone. It looks really thick intact more thicker than a Nokia 3310. Me no likey!

Soldato
They have now set a new high standard and all phone companies are going to think 2K nearly is ok be charge people.

Yes. If the screen folds in half. For now, until production costs come down and R&D has started to be recouped.

It also depends on how many they sell. If a company starts selling phones for £5k (I'm sure there are some out there already?) it doesn't mean that's the new standard unless people buy it in large numbers and they make healthy profits from it. Basically, we decide if it's acceptable, not them.

Soldato
I can't think of anything more pointless than a foldable phone. A gimmick that takes phones back to 1997 thickness in your pocket so that you can hold a tablet when it's out.

I hate that I have to pay for these through inevitable price hikes and lack of options. Soon all phones will be foldable like all phones lack headphone jacks.

Soldato
I can't think of anything more pointless than a foldable phone.

The very point is that it's foldable, hence giving you much bigger screen real estate whilst retaining the ability to stick it in your pocket.

I hate that I have to pay for these through inevitable price hikes and lack of options.

You don't have to pay for any consumer item you don't like.

Soldato
Lol, surprised this is still being discussed.

From the reviews I definitely got the impression the fold was average at best and if it didn't click with me I would be sending it back, surprisingly though it does and yes it is expensive but it's a 5G spec beast lol and in comparison it's only a few hundred off the top end iPhone 11 Pro Max and not even close to the price of some of those Vertu phones.

As for the screen ratio, in my opinion the portrait fold is better suited for on screen multi-tasking than the up and coming Motorola or the Fold 2.

When folded it fits perfectly well in my pocket, it's not like a Gemini PDA or anything.

Anyway...

FdmSvggm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom