Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Associate
4ilf.jpg

Got gifted a coffee subscription for 6 months and my first delivery turned up today. I get a new one every 2 weeks and they're always random so hopefully I get to stumble across some gems

Are these beans or ground?

I have often considered a subscription but it often takes me a while to dial in my grinder to get the right ground size to suit the bean. Often takes 4-5 cups which is a waste of a bag that I may only get once. Doesn’t leave enough time to make a decision on whether I actually like the bean/blend.

Soldato
Are these beans or ground?

I have often considered a subscription but it often takes me a while to dial in my grinder to get the right ground size to suit the bean. Often takes 4-5 cups which is a waste of a bag that I may only get once. Doesn’t leave enough time to make a decision on whether I actually like the bean/blend.

Beans. And yeah I find the first one is always a bit of an 'oops' moment! I'm new to the home espresso game but even going from store beans to freshly roasted beans gave me a huge shock in how different they must be prepared

Suspended
I think that's a rant lol.

Some establishments/offices/environments you can't simply pull out your phone to check the time.

Head over here don't want to de-rail https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/what-watch-do-you-wear.17867379/page-998
I deliberately don't use a smartphone except as a satnav (the one I have will only work when plugged in anyway) and only have a basic Nokia on me to make calls/texts these days. For this reason, getting a watch again is starting to make sense. Pulling out a phone to look at the time is jarring - have to wake it up out of standby and all that nonsense.

I'm also looking at getting some sort of ipod alternative again.

Caporegime
I only have 2 tropic rubber straps now and 1 bracelet which I use on the Baltic when I feel like rotating between tropic and that :p

I have had loads of watches over the last few years though which may be what you are remembering. After a while I fancied something new/different and continued that mission really but think maybe this time I have finally found the two watches I really like.

This is all I have now :p

watch%20box.jpg

I need a new watch case, can you recommend one please?

Caporegime
A heritage filled time telling thing arrived today.

dial_MX-Master3.jpg
How come they are all 1000+ on Laco's webiste but they sell what appear to be the same models everywhere else for £299? Are they just a lesser made, cheaper movement version for the mass market? Lovely watch btw

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Look at a hybrid. Love my hybrid fossil hr collider; battery easily lasts a couple of weeks

It feels dirty even thinking about owning a semi-smart watch though :p

Think of all the things most people are charging or has forgotten to charge.

Triple A and double A batteries for choice of device.
Headsets
Mice
Keyboards
Tablets
Phones
Tablet pens
Laptops
Game Controllers
Smart watches
Camera batteries

Hmm I have these I guess, but they aren't used as often so tend to keep charge:

Headsets - Only have BT IEMs which offer 8hrs per charge. I only use them when commuting for music or BTing to my work laptop when WFH for Skype calls.
Mice - MX Master 3 lasts 2 months on a charge and is USB-C so charged at the desk!
Keyboards - K780, battery lasts a couple of years, just chuck in some new ones when they die.
Phones - Wirelessly charged on desk and in car, a doddle tbh!
Laptop - Only have a laptop from work, it stays plugged in when being used.
camera batteries - Pre-charged after each shoot so ready to go before the next shoot. They are li-po so will retain full charge for months/years if not used. Camera accessory batteries are Eneloop though but they retain over 75% charge over a couple of years if left unused so they too are fairly good to go.

Pointless.

I've spent several £k on single pieces.

Breitling, Rado, Christopher ward, Mueller and a Rolex.

I end up not wearing them but a £15 Xiaomi mi band 5.

In fact i just sold my Christopher ward on eBay and got more than what I paid for it new.

I'm tempted to sell the Rado next.

I bought mine because mates were buying nice watches. Sure they impressed women in bars but they were only after one thing then. It became quite obvious when we would go to a certain type of club where you get private dances and such on special occasions like birthdays.

As soon as they saw the watch they could tell it was real as they see a lot of fakes in their time and then they would be all over you.

I even looked at a fake version of my Rado when I was in Bangkok and when you have owned the real thing you can spot a fake within 2 seconds. The stones weren't right you could also see whatever was underneath they had crudely glued them to shiny metal patches.

I told the guy it was a bad fake and he kept lowering the price and I'm like I'm not trying to bargain with you I have the real one and he kept on lowering the price.

If you don't really have a passion for them it's going to be a waste. Maybe buy a cheap watch and see how it goes.

I don't wear any of mine.

UxicAhw.gif

Nice collection. Personally not a fan of watches that much as I use my phone a lot. However it feels like a missing accessory, and for someone in the land of watches I think I need a signature.

Would you have a recommendation for something hard wearing, would fit a suited attire and would work on a small wrist (17.5cm) without looking crazy. People in my place wear Patek, Bucherer etc. I do not want to spend this much as it seems like a poor money store to me. Maybe 1k CHF.

Or am I realistically not going to get anything nice for this and should instead go for "statement piece" of a health/smart watch whatever they. I loathe the idea of the data collection but might be easy way out?

Hard wearing, Trska make a watch called the Summiteer, it is currently out of stock but due soon and when they do arrive they quite quickly sell out! Summiteer is in the styling realms of a Rolex Explorer but at a fraction of the price of one. In terms of hard wearing, they have a coating on case and bracelet that takes the scratch resistance to 1200HV whereas most watches, even from big brands, are 200HV. You won't be scratching 1200HV any time soon that's for sure.

I'd been eyeing one for many months before getting bored of waiting lol.

Here's the link: https://www.traskawatch.com/summiteer

Excellent suggestion. That is a nice watch (https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/watches/black-bay-32-36-41/m79500-0004). I would be tempted by it, but 2,800 is more than I would like to pay as I could imagine losing it fairly easily...

Main preference is something that doesn't look too gaudy. I wear typically dark suits, double cuffed shirts with quiet cufflinks (usually silver/gold colouring)., so something that fits into that style. Brand not important as I'm not going to compete with the other people and their collections.

If I wear formal then it's always waistcoat, shirt and trousers so I tended to pick watches I liked, but also worked well on the occasions I did wear formal with only one exception that being the Marloe Morar Black Edition (now sold). Watches that are classically designed will always work well with formal or casual because their styles tend to be timeless and just look right no matter what. Go for what you like, chances are if there's a watch you like but is too out of budget, then a microbrand will be out there who makes the same style at a far more reasonable price point.

Gone are the days where microbrands are sniffed at because many times these days the attention to detail on micros is more obvious than on a big brand at more cost.

Whats the exact model mrk? Thats bloody lovely.
It is the Laco Aachen 39 :cool:

I need a new watch case, can you recommend one please?
Not sure what kind of case you are after, how many slots etc or quality or budget but this one was from Amazon and the quality seems just fine :p

Link:https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07YJC7CWC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

How come they are all 1000+ on Laco's webiste but they sell what appear to be the same models everywhere else for £299? Are they just a lesser made, cheaper movement version for the mass market? Lovely watch btw

Laco's site offer customisation when buying whereas if you buy a Laco watch from a third party site then you have no options available to customise, you only get what's shown on the page.

This is the Aachen 39 which is part of their Pilot Watch Basic range, The Pilot Watch Original range are closer to original Flieger design with bigger crowns, more choice of options, a non-display caseback just like in the odlen days and a sandblasted case finish with more straight lug angles as well as blued handsets. An example of an identical Type-B 39mm in the Original range is the Speyer which you can see looks very similar with some visual differences around the case. The water resistance is the same as are the dimensions, the extra base cost comes in due to the use of an ETA movement in elabore grade and blued hands which are heat coloured not painted so more labour intensive. Personally I don't like the case style of the Original range, I like a display back and curved lugs. The Original range are more true to Fliegers from the day but I didn't want to wholly replicate that era but instead have a modern take on it whilst still being visually a Flieger. The Aachen 39 was just that as far as my eyeballs were looking, and at half the cost including the upgraded AR crystal and movement. I also don't like that not all the markers on the Original range Type-B dials are lumed whereas they are on the basic.

Regardless of the range you choose, the cheaper ranges using Miyota movements are still adjusted and regulated by Laco just like the ETA movements. Accuracy is always below +10s a day. Mine so far is +6s a day.

Speaking of AR crystal, just look at how classy 13 layers of AR looks when it hits any light source:

ar-tones.gif
wristshot-gif.gif

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It's always been on my mind but then I realised I'd had the NOMOS Ahoi Atlantik for a few years which had a similar glass finish but was also domed and I managed to not scratch that!

Jinxed myself now haven't I :p

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Chilly's series 2. Went with a white bottle, grey collar and a yellow handle. It will hopefully keep me more hydrated throughout the day.

Love the new shape, feels more balanced. The collar is a good addition, it's a nicer material to drink from. On the bottom is a silicone pad so no more hard metal bottom.

DSCF9209.jpg

DSCF9216.jpg

DSCF9218.jpg

Back
Top Bottom