Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Blank key with no chip that I Will keep in my budgie smugglers ( and wetsuit) when I go surfing (I did this with the old car)
Cars new to me but I am assuming I can lock using front door then when I open use the chipped key within 15 seconds to avoid alarm going off.
Probably Do a dry run first

IMG20230316170208.jpg

Man of Honour
Ah but I do like them, super quick and conveineint, only boils the water needed for the size of cup you dial in, and in this day and age, efficiency is important. This is my third one - Living in a super hard water area means even with a brita filter, limescale builds up inside them so every few years I need to replace it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ah but I do like them, super quick and conveineint, only boils the water needed for the size of cup you dial in, and in this day and age, efficiency is important. This is my third one - Living in a super hard water area means even with a brita filter, limescale builds up inside them so every few years I need to replace it.

If you're on your third one and this is more efficient than a kettle, how do you generate your electricity? Do you burn pure saffron?

Man of Honour
Efficient as in you're not boiling all the water in the kettle when you just want one cup of tea. Plus a normal kettle accumulates limescale gunk so you don't want to just boil a cup of water in a normal kettle anyway as you will be pouring in limescale too, and if you're rinsing and filling each time, then you're wasting water too... These one cup hot water dispensers are just better all round and only takes about 15 seconds to boil one cup.

Last edited:
Soldato
I used to have 2 or 3 of the original Breville HotCup thing. It was pretty epic but not hot enough for tea. I guess this is a regular kettle to do the same thing?

But 3 in so many years is very poor. I hope my Dualit investment lasts forever.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have the Morphy Richards Redefine machine - Approaching 5 years old, still going strong. Adjustable temp, adjustable volume from small cup to big cooking pan, filtered water. Awesome investment.

Also, it tells you when you need to de-scale, which you do by boiling the water with the solution in, hold it in the chamber before dispensing ... Job done.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
But you said that the Breville needs replaced every few years because of limescale so what's the difference?
You don't get the limescale depositing in the cup though that's the point, the internals that you can't access/see seem to get affected over time though but that's purely down to this hard water areas. A compromise for every few years, otherwise the machine itself works very well and is used tens of times a day.

Soldato
You don't get the limescale depositing in the cup though that's the point, the internals that you can't access/see seem to get affected over time though but that's purely down to this hard water areas. A compromise for every few years, otherwise the machine itself works very well and is used tens of times a day.
No bueno. A kettle doesn't have the same issue. False economy. Inverse M3.

Soldato
Those one cup kettles are awful in regards to durability, I had two and they both died in quick succession.
I’ve had 2 - on 2nd now and it’s been 2 years and hundreds of cups and it’s still fine. The first one was going strong too but got rid as I wanted adjustable cup size. They’re more efficient I agree with mrk.

Back
Top Bottom