Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
I'm about as light as I want to get : 80kg and 187cm tall.
Currently I'm on 1,400 miles for the year and 80,000ft climbing :)

I have a hybrid too which is pretty heavy which I use for chasing my 5 year old around the park. I did on a couple of rides on it recently and it was still pretty fast : https://www.strava.com/activities/895507682

I'm a similar high/weight.
Nice 19Mph Average speed, I'm only averaging just 10-11 Mph, but that's mainly due to using cycle paths (on pavements) so lot of having to slow/stop at crossings, dodge the myriad of school children that block the path. I can hit 30 Mph in one downhill section, but there's nowhere I can really let rip for a sustained time. :<

I not mad enough to risk using the roads in those sections at the height of rush hour. :D

The light bike must be nice on a steep ascent.

V F

V F

Soldato
I assume you mean deep rims?
Deep section wheels are more aero compared to normal shallow wheels. When cycling wind/air resistance is the biggest force acting against you, having an aero bike and holding an aero position means you use less effort (power) to go faster :)

I see. I had never seen wheels like that. They usually have the huge solid disc on the rear. Its a very unique eye catching design you have there.

Soldato
Cheap Chinese phone came yesterday- Quite impressed being as it's my first proper smart phone - It's one on right -It's a BluBoo Maya- One on left is Blu my brother sent me because charging failed but got it going again so that's going back.

413236841.jpg

413236842.jpg

Soldato
They usually have the huge solid disc on the rear. Its a very unique eye catching design you have there.

In contrast, I've only ever seen the solid rear wheel on telly (so very infrequently, and for velodrome work usually) whereas I see similar wheel designs during every morning/evening commute (urban though) as what he has purchased.

Soldato
I see. I had never seen wheels like that. They usually have the huge solid disc on the rear. Its a very unique eye catching design you have there.
The full 'disc' wheel you are referring is a Time Trial wheel. They go on special TT bikes built purely for getting from A to B as quickly as possible on a bike, across a mostly flat course.. However, that aero sacrifices comfort and weight. You really wouldn't want to ride it over a long distance hilly course, especially if it was windy. (Deep/disc wheels are more prone to side winds :p )

Soldato
Depends on which side of railway tracks you live :rolleyes::rolleyes:
:rolleyes: yourself.

For a pro competitive race bike, yes it is.
Which was my point. You could spend a lot more on a high end bike. I think my mountain bike cost more to build than my car is worth (stopped adding it all up but 4-5k). But I know it's very good quality parts and will last me for several years.

Back
Top Bottom