Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Permabanned
Meh. The picture works great for me and I’d rather not have to look at cables sticking out the side of the tv whenever I walk into the room. No matter how tidy they are.

It doesn't stick out the side though... and how many cables do you really have going to the TV?

I have power, ethernet & 1x HDMI... most would be happy to do without the ethernet... so would be the same number of cables going to the Samsung ;)

Crinkle. What amp is that? I do love a great of VU Meter.

I miss my old Icon Audio amp.

It's got two of those!

I took the slightly obscure pictures to wait til someone guesses...

Soldato
It doesn't stick out the side though... and how many cables do you really have going to the TV?

I have power, ethernet & 1x HDMI... most would be happy to do without the ethernet... so would be the same number of cables going to the Samsung ;)

I don’t have an AV amp so it’s 3 HDMI cables for me, plus optical out to my stereo amp and then Ethernet and power.

With the layout of this room you can always see the side profile of the tv so the fact this one will only stick out 10mm from the wall with no cables on show means a lot more to me. I’m not a purist so don’t care if I don’t get the blackest blacks. It still looks good to me and doesn’t look daft on the wall.

Caporegime
JkYVRq7.jpg

For playing sf 30th on steam, works incredibly well for the games and has a really good d-pad. Replacing my xbox one controller which....suffered some damage totally unrelated to sf... QvTTnck.gif

Soldato
JkYVRq7.jpg

For playing sf 30th on steam, works incredibly well for the games and has a really good d-pad. Replacing my xbox one controller which....suffered some damage totally unrelated to sf... QvTTnck.gif

That dpad looks like the horrendous 360 dpad :x

Surely a new xbox one controller would be useful for more games? But fair play!

Caporegime
That dpad looks like the horrendous 360 dpad :x

Surely a new xbox one controller would be useful for more games? But fair play!

It actually plays the 30th sf anniversary games very well, it's like playing with an old genesis 6 button pad. :)

Still have the Xbox controller for other games as it still works, but street fighter needed something better.

Soldato
It actually plays the 30th sf anniversary games very well, it's like playing with an old genesis 6 button pad. :)

Still have the Xbox controller for other games as it still works, but street fighter needed something better.

Fair enough, I'm not the authority on this as I rarely play fighting games... And when I do I play poorly :p

Permabanned
I don’t have an AV amp so it’s 3 HDMI cables for me, plus optical out to my stereo amp and then Ethernet and power.

With the layout of this room you can always see the side profile of the tv so the fact this one will only stick out 10mm from the wall with no cables on show means a lot more to me. I’m not a purist so don’t care if I don’t get the blackest blacks. It still looks good to me and doesn’t look daft on the wall.

Fair enough... you mentioned you got it in time for the world cup... and to be honest... the Samsung is the best for watching sport. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I had a 2-generation older Samsung QLED and it was a great TV. Really really good, so I'm sure the latest are brilliant.

The majority of my watching is a handful of TV shows through the likes of Netflix and movies mostly 1080/4k blu-rays. So the LG is the best for me.

Enjoy bud...

One thing OLED lovers (trying to avoid the f word, ha) neglect to notice or mention is that the viewing experience is relative. The Samsungs go quite a bit brighter than the LGs (even my 2-gen old QLED could actually be painfully bright during nighttime viewing on the odd occasion) and when your eyes adjust to that level of brightness... the low-light "greys" look much closer to black as a relative perspective than over-analysing the shade offered through the backlide through various all-black slides etc.

One thing I really liked about my Samsung... the sharpness is fantastic... it can really help bring out some extra 3D-like feeling from a lot of imagery thanks to the separation in the items in the image that can create. The vibrancy of the colours on the Samsung were very much to my liking... some complain it's over-saturated... but I like that and the colours looked great... for me, TV is a window into another world and so overblowing things a bit is great as it adds to the experience.

People who want the most world-colour accurate stuff are more likely to gravitate towards the Sony screens... which are good... but not my thing.

I actually bought the newest Sony OLED 65" with a view to selling the LG OLED on as so many people were raving about the improvement in colour and motion processing. I wanted to try it at home rather than in a store so I could get a proper feel for it.

Didn't get on with it... the motion processing wasn't hugely better... there was a marginal difference although it was small enough to write off as a placebo effect. One big improvement I noticed though were colour gradients... the Sony really does them better than the LG and Samsung... I was tempted to keep it... but the interface killed it for me... it's a really slow and old feeling Android OS and after using an Nvidia Shield TV for the last couple of years with the same interface but good processing behind it - it was horrible to use.

So it went back and I've stuck with my gorgeous LG. Still love this TV... but the Samsung is great too!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Fair enough... you mentioned you got it in time for the world cup... and to be honest... the Samsung is the best for watching sport. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I had a 2-generation older Samsung QLED and it was a great TV. Really really good, so I'm sure the latest are brilliant.

The majority of my watching is a handful of TV shows through the likes of Netflix and movies mostly 1080/4k blu-rays. So the LG is the best for me.

Enjoy bud...

The Samsung's are brilliant with bright rooms.

Friend has one in her apartment with floor to ceiling windows and pic is still perfect.

I've got it oled in my living room as its dark but will get a Samsung four the bright kitchen

The frame range look amazing

Soldato
Yeah. Watching the Spain game through iPlayer in 4K was unbelievable.

My wife complained it hurt her eyes because the players looked more real than real life!

I’m still confident the LG would’ve been better had we not been moving as tv placement would’ve been less important. But given my old DT50 wasn’t great this is incredible!

The sound is pretty impressive too. I’ve got my main stereo elsewhere for music duties but had considered a sound bar for movies. Given the slightness of the tv though it’s very impressive.

Just need to wait for the new house now. This tv was meant to stay in the box until we moved in. Well that’s what I told the wife because all the 2017 models were selling out. But it was never going to stay in the box with the way this house purchase is going.

I look forward to posting the house in this thread in a few weeks! That and the Xbox One X that I’m sure won’t be far away!

@crinkleshoes im still waiting on a model for that amp! Not that I could afford it.

Not many have VU meters these days other than Luxmans or Accuphase but I wouldn’t have thought either was well suited to those speakers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom