Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Slightly noisier than the standard ditch finder factory tyres that are meant to be noise reducing with foam pads inside the tyres, they do get noisier as they wear out though but it's so incremental you'll never notice till they are changed. Had them on my HiLux and Ranger all lasted 50k per set, I'm doing 25k per year around the M25
Them tyres last 50k :eek:

Soldato
All the BF Goodrich All-Terrain last 50-60k miles. We once had a 4x4 which didnt do many miles and had to change the tyres after 12 years because had a blow out so didnt trust them anymore even though they had 10-20k left in them
It just surprised me as i only get about 10k to 12k out my car tyres

Am guessing these 4x4 All Terrain tyres are much harder rubber and maybe a much deeper thread then car tyres

Tea Drinker
Don
It just surprised me as i get about 10k out my car tyres

I have this conversation many times with people who like telling me they think my tyres look expensive :p what they fail to appreciate is that even though they are £195 a corner they last 4 times as long :)

Fundamentally the tread depth is huge to be all terrain so actually once they are say 60% worm they have lost most of the point of the tyre, but that’s not a problem for me. I might go properly off road two or three times a year for game shooting.

Soldato
New true wireless buds, excellent sound, very comfy and secure for running with. Only £28.

Mpow-M30-3.jpg

And I received a transmitter this morning for the buds to connect to the tv and hoping there isn't any noticeable lag. Transmitter is tiny, about 1.75 inches.

20210205-131134.jpg

20210205-131427.jpg

I'll be pleasantly surprised if there isn't lag. I tried one a year or 2 back and it was no good.

Soldato
I'll be pleasantly surprised if there isn't lag. I tried one a year or 2 back and it was no good.

Yep, unfortunately, there is lag. I get perfect sync with these buds and my phone, like, zero latency. However, there is lag with the transmitter and I couldn't understand why. My phone has a few codec options including aptx, aac and sbc. With my buds synced to the phone, the phone will only let me use sbc and aac, with sbc giving me perfect sync. So the buds must be sbc.

The transmitter has sbc, aptx and aptx ll and will default to sbc if the buds only do sbc, so it should be as good as just the buds synced with the phone. But it's not. Someone told me it's because of extra delay from the tv audio out into the transmitter. He said some tvs have a setting to let me add a manual delay to match it but I don't know if my old samsung tv can do that. I've actually got the transmitter coming out of the back of a headphone amp connected to my tv which has shortened the delay slightly better than coming direct from the tv. Maybe I need aptx ll buds?

Soldato
Yep, unfortunately, there is lag. I get perfect sync with these buds and my phone, like, zero latency. However, there is lag with the transmitter and I couldn't understand why. My phone has a few codec options including aptx, aac and sbc. With my buds synced to the phone, the phone will only let me use sbc and aac, with sbc giving me perfect sync. So the buds must be sbc.

The transmitter has sbc, aptx and aptx ll and will default to sbc if the buds only do sbc, so it should be as good as just the buds synced with the phone. But it's not. Someone told me it's because of extra delay from the tv audio out into the transmitter. He said some tvs have a setting to let me add a manual delay to match it but I don't know if my old samsung tv can do that. I've actually got the transmitter coming out of the back of a headphone amp connected to my tv which has shortened the delay slightly better than coming direct from the tv. Maybe I need aptx ll buds?

Yes I had the external transmitter connected via optical and it had lag so it god knows. The sync delay setting is a must with these external boxes.

I now have the LG C9 which has Bluetooth built in and its spot on. I believe it uses BT5.0 and has APTX. I've tried with and without aptx featured headphones and it's still in sync so I don't think AptX is a guarantee it'll be in sync.

I even have a pair of SoundPEATS Sonic which are BT5.2 and aptx low latency. These take the latency even lower (at a cost of absolute quality and range) but only really noticed if someone is talking fast otherwise the former latency is fine.

Soldato
Yes I had the external transmitter connected via optical and it had lag so it god knows. The sync delay setting is a must with these external boxes.

I now have the LG C9 which has Bluetooth built in and its spot on. I believe it uses BT5.0 and has APTX. I've tried with and without aptx featured headphones and it's still in sync so I don't think AptX is a guarantee it'll be in sync.

I even have a pair of SoundPEATS Sonic which are BT5.2 and aptx low latency. These take the latency even lower (at a cost of absolute quality and range) but only really noticed if someone is talking fast otherwise the former latency is fine.

Now that's very interesting. I didn't know if tvs had built in bluetooth but that's what I could do with in a 32". Do you get like zero lag to your eyes, like as good as watching tv through the tv speakers?

I just found a 32" with bluetooth 5.0 for £220. LG 32LM6300PLA Smart full HD LED. Doesn't mention codec but from what you said, the bluetooth 5.0 should solve my issue?

Soldato
Now that's very interesting. I didn't know if tvs had built in bluetooth but that's what I could do with in a 32". Do you get like zero lag to your eyes, like as good as watching tv through the tv speakers?

I just found a 32" with bluetooth 5.0 for £220. LG 32LM6300PLA Smart full HD LED. Doesn't mention codec but from what you said, the bluetooth 5.0 should solve my issue?

To get absolute sync where your actively looking at their lips for lip sync delays you want AptX low latency. However if your watching without being super and I mean super analytical then no need for LL. If you can grab the soundpeats sonic, at 35 quid they have the latest Qualcomm BT chip and a game mode which is basically low latency.

Now if the TV your looking at will have the same bluetooth performance as mine is anyone's guess as it depends on the quality and implementation of the chip used etc. Its all built in to the SoC. If you can wait till the stores open then you can demo, otherwise find a place that has a good return policy. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom