Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Caporegime
A few RCBOs and some 4mm cable to finish off my house rewire (started 2022 :o )

Why is there ALWAYS one more trip to Screwfix needed? Case in point - 4mm wasn't in stock so I went to the electrical wholesaler nearby. They won't sell me 1m of 6mm earth tail, so I'll have to order from Screwfix and collect tomorrow.

You get used to it. Settle into the incomplete house vibe!

This is why I review jobs in great detail before even considering leaving the house. I'll double, triple and quadruple check everything, every measurement, every fixing type, every fitting, it'll all be listed and ordered on a click & collect order ready for me before I leave home.

Few things irritate me more than going to Screwfix / Toolstation / whatever as entering the store seems to be a commitment of an hour.

See also motor factors and in particular Eurocarparts.

Time sinks those places. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

Soldato
MRZ4W7X.jpeg
That’s an interesting shaped shadow in the middle :eek:

Soldato
M8Qi3JN.jpeg

These

For this

MRZ4W7X.jpeg

Is that a new area from last year or the same area?

2nd year for my own wildflower area... See how it goes. The Snowdrops have been and gone already and the Bluebells leaves are about 6 inches (too early for flowers) but its too cold just now for anything to get going around here (ground temps are cicra 4°C)

I did sow some spare seeds I had left from last year into plug trays and subsequently transplanted them into bigger pots. They are currently in my kitchen and against the patio doors so they get the light (South Facing kitchen)and get a head start. The Corn Cockle (thats the little plump seeds with the "spiky hair" in your image) are doing well. About 4 leaf stage and 2-3 inches high). Once it warms up around April/May, i will transfer them into bare bits in the wildflower area.

Hopefully it will do decent this year as last years seed is now relatively established..

Caporegime
Is that a new area from last year or the same area?

2nd year for my own wildflower area... See how it goes. The Snowdrops have been and gone already and the Bluebells leaves are about 6 inches (too early for flowers) but its too cold just now for anything to get going around here (ground temps are cicra 4°C)

I did sow some spare seeds I had left from last year into plug trays and subsequently transplanted them into bigger pots. They are currently in my kitchen and against the patio doors so they get the light (South Facing kitchen)and get a head start. The Corn Cockle (thats the little plump seeds with the "spiky hair" in your image) are doing well. About 4 leaf stage and 2-3 inches high). Once it warms up around April/May, i will transfer them into bare bits in the wildflower area.

Hopefully it will do decent this year as last years seed is now relatively established..
Its an enlargement of the old area. I've doubled the size. The old area was filled with grass that I've removed.

Soldato
Its an enlargement of the old area. I've doubled the size. The old area was filled with grass that I've removed.

Seems a shame you had to clear the old area and start again :(

You should get a good lot of Yellow Rattle seeds sown with those seeds. They are semi-parasitic to grasses so keep grasses under control whilst allowing non-grasses to still grow. Their roots attach to grass roots and leech nutrients from them keeping the grasses weakened and allowing the wildflowers to compete well.

Caporegime
Seems a shame you had to clear the old area and start again :(

You should get a good lot of Yellow Rattle seeds sown with those seeds. They are semi-parasitic to grasses so keep grasses under control whilst allowing non-grasses to still grow. Their roots attach to grass roots and leech nutrients from them keeping the grasses weakened and allowing the wildflowers to compete well.
Yeah I read this too. Maybe I should get some extra yellow rattle and add it to the mix. There is some in there. But not much.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I got the same amp (2700).

I once had a £1k+ Pioneer THX yady yada...then a Sony one. The Denon is quite good for the money, no major complaints.

Yeah it was best bang for buck by far.

Anything better you were looking at double the price.
My speakers are quite good. But I checked and this one should be OK.
Was looking at the S series. And apparently they are garbage.

The 1700 wasn't available and the 1800 was more. So I got the 2700.

Caporegime
Yeah it was best bang for buck by far.

Anything better you were looking at double the price.
My speakers are quite good. But I checked and this one should be OK.
Was looking at the S series. And apparently they are garbage.

The 1700 wasn't available and the 1800 was more. So I got the 2700.

Pretty much the conclusion I came to, the next model up only offered 1 feature that I want (better calibration), and it was quite a big jump for the money for that 1 feature so didn’t bother as I have an anti mode too.

It sounds pretty good anyway and I’m quite relax these days and not ultra critical.

Caporegime
Pretty much the conclusion I came to, the next model up only offered 1 feature that I want (better calibration), and it was quite a big jump for the money for that 1 feature so didn’t bother as I have an anti mode too.

It sounds pretty good anyway and I’m quite relax these days and not ultra critical.

Same. I'm less fussy than I used to be. Spent ages trawling through reviews on last one. But really (same with tvs) you get used to what you have fairly quickly.

My tv is absolutely ancient. Waiting for it to pop to go qd-oled!
But this plasma keeps on going!

Thought the TV would go first and I'd have to get a new amp (for 4k) but amp has solved that for me!

Last edited:
Soldato
This is why I review jobs in great detail before even considering leaving the house. I'll double, triple and quadruple check everything, every measurement, every fixing type, every fitting, it'll all be listed and ordered on a click & collect order ready for me before I leave home.

Few things irritate me more than going to Screwfix / Toolstation / whatever as entering the store seems to be a commitment of an hour.

See also motor factors and in particular Eurocarparts.

Time sinks those places. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.
Oh for sure get everything lined up for the job beforehand. I was talking to the electrical wholesalers about Screwfix and I pointed out they have a great app and carry basically everything for any type of job. So you can just get it all planned out, until you're ready to start the job, and then hit order. I even leave stuff in my Screwfix basket for weeks or months knowing I need it eventually, and I'll pass by on a different job.

There just seems to always be one thing that slips by. No amount of planning could have predicted them being out of stock for cable :mad:

TBF though my local one (no longer London) is a 7 minute drive away and never very busy. Always get served first with click and collect too.

Soldato
1 way valve simple and cheap, it sits in the N75 boost solenoid circuit and the N345 egr cooler control to a certain extent and buffers from the vacuum pump.
Still working on the multiple limp modes I had coming back from Yorkshire, this would maybe account from some boost discrepancies I had, old one was duff anyway you can blow both ways !!!
Ages since I had the code po403 of doom so fingers crossed (but at my mileage a blocked egr or sticking flap would be normal)

Screenshot-2024-03-28-18-47-20-60-99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Back
Top Bottom