Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Absolutely loving these bad boys. £53.99 well spent.

They're replacing a 12 year old Cambridge Soundworks 2.1 set.

I just took delivery on these, and I have to say, I was massively disappointed. Attached to a sound card but no sub, listening to a selection of FLAC files and switching between these and a set of Bose Companion 3's (which they were going to be replacing)... I was severely disappointed.

Solid speakers, I'm sure, and possibly more impressive with a sub... And I know the two aren't in the same price range! But I'm wanting to send mine back.

Soldato
Are you using on-board audio or have you got a dedicated soundcard?

I'll be picking up an Asus Xonar DG in the next couple of days, even though my motherboard is supposed to have great on-board audio.

I use a Xonar DGX and changing from that to my Sabertooth P67 on-board didn't make much difference. The DG/DGX is basically just a cheap headphone amp really.

Associate
I just took delivery on these, and I have to say, I was massively disappointed. Attached to a sound card but no sub, listening to a selection of FLAC files and switching between these and a set of Bose Companion 3's (which they were going to be replacing)... I was severely disappointed.

Solid speakers, I'm sure, and possibly more impressive with a sub... And I know the two aren't in the same price range! But I'm wanting to send mine back.

I guess it all depends on what you're comparing them to and what you're used to. As most people tend to upgrade rather than downgrade, the positive reviews they receive are more than likely due to people moving up from cheapo plastic jobs or 5.1/7.1 sets that are all about looks but muddied and mediocre sound.

My old speakers cost over £100 at the time and these Edifiers leave them standing. They sounded a little flat when I wired them up and tried them out but after a some tweaking they came to life and will only get better when they're properly broken in.

I use a Xonar DGX and changing from that to my Sabertooth P67 on-board didn't make much difference. The DG/DGX is basically just a cheap headphone amp really.

The headphone amp is the main reason I want to buy the DG. I've owned the DG before and could definitely hear a difference when compared to my previous on-board. Muffled/hidden sounds came to the fore and everything just seemed to "pop" (not literally).

Man of Honour
the UPS man gave me crabs :o
24 live peeler crab just turned up for my fishing session tonight :)

fwu5qc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom