Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Care to share with us this infamous letter? Would be a good read I suspect...

Rather than going to the usual 'Contact Us' form I went direct to Western Digital's CEO.

It all worked out rather nicely and a great bloke called Jim got back to me in 12 hours or so and made it clear they really want to help. He has arranged for the immediate delivery of a newer, larger drive, will be arranging to have my broken hard drive picked up and sent to a data recovery centre then all my data sent back to me on another, complimentary WD drive.

All in all, a good result.

Dear Mr. Milligan

I'd like to begin this email by stating how loyal I have remained to your company over the past ten years of building and buying computers. I'm fortunate enough to be in a position to build computers for friends and family and always, without hesitation purchase Western Digital drives as it's my opinion that no other brand can quite compare to them.

Unfortunately though, there is one product line that I feel really isn't up to the same standard as your hard drive products. The product in question is your Western Digital My Book Studio line. I'm now on my third drive after the previous two gave up little over a year after purchase. It seems that it definitely is not third time lucky, as today my third external drive from you will no longer power on despite not even being a year old.

I really think Western Digital needs to go back to the drawing board and ask themselves "Why is this drive important to the customer, what do they want?" - the answer is your customer wants a stable, reliable drive that will not pack up after only months in operation. Surely a company the size of yours should be able to produce reliable hardware that last 3 years at least. I now feel like this product line is low down the list of priorities as this is now my third problem.

Any rational person would say "Why not ditch Western Digital and use another brand?" and the reason I haven't is because I am a truly loyal customer and always have been, but I'm not entirely sure how much loyalty I have left. I've now lost - for the third time - hours of video, movies, photographs, software and music. This is not easy stuff to replace, if anything it's an absolute nightmare and takes up so much time. Much of what is lost can't be recovered.

I felt I had to draft this email as enough really is enough. It appears I'm not alone in this view either, as a quick Google search will reveal there have been lots of problems with these lines.

I really look forward to hearing from you as I hope I have been able to share my frustration.

Yours sincerely

When it rains in Japan it really rains.

33yibdw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom