Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Payday, and in line with my rapidly evolving Made in England footwear habit, pair of Crockett and Jones Brecon Chukkas.

72IEQZvm.jpg

Very nice, I do have a soft spot for C&J foot wear.

I've got a few pairs of them myself and they are the only shoes/boots that I've never had any problems with them when you first wear them. They "just fit".

Last edited:
Soldato

Very jealous - still waiting for my CPU cooler. Yours is a very similar spec to mine but just be warned that if you were going down the water cooling route sometime the Corsair H105 sealed watercooling units don't fit with that motherboard/case combination as the heat sinks on the motherboard get in way of 105 fans!

Soldato

Its definitely faster, not had a chance to use in anger yet. Fitted to a 120d. (which I do 22000 miles a year in before you all start with the diesel hate ;))

Associate

Its definitely faster, not had a chance to use in anger yet. Fitted to a 120d. (which I do 22000 miles a year in before you all start with the diesel hate ;))

I'd put that stick on the back of the car. Make it look really unique. People will wonder if its a new model :)

Soldato
Soldato

Cheers, thing is once you've sampled quality footwear its almost impossible to wear anything else lol.

[RXP]Andy;28036931 said:
Very nice, I do have a soft spot for C&J foot wear.

I've got a few pairs of them myself and they are the only shoes/boots that I've never had any problems with them when you first wear them. They "just fit".

I noticed this phenomena as well, I have a pair of Alfred Sargent chukkas too and they also "just fit", i guess it must be due to stronger construction and better quality throughout.

Another point is when I was a kid (yeah yeah) every household had a shoe polishing kit/box and you actually polished your shoes, look around today and very few folks have polished footwear, personally I think a quality pair of shoes/boots polished looks very smart, in fact I derive an OCD satisfaction from polishing my footwear lol.

Soldato
I was wondering if it was just a remap but no it looks to be a bit more:

"New engine control unit, modified engine electronics and more powerful charge air cooler."

From http://www.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/topics/owners/accessories/accessoryDetail.accessoryId=8623.html

Looks to take it from roughly 181bhp to 197bhp with torque from 380Nm to 420Nm. Not bad, but christ, £750.

Thats about the jist of it, although many say that the increase is more than that but BMW keep the stats down so it doesn't look better than the 125d. Its not just the top end, there is a real change in performance threw the range. One of the guys whom I know has had it done is going to try and get it rolling roaded.

It was £1000 last year, its now listed at £750 but can be got for £625 plus you need a couple of hours BMW shop time.

Its a BMW warranted product, with the rest you are on shaky ground and technically invalidate your warrantee which i'm not willing to do on a 1 year old car. Lots fit those "tuning" boxes but thats not a game I want to get into with this car. For me its money well spent :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom