Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Caporegime
@Raymond Lin have you checked out the extended free trial to Fender Play as well?

I signed up on that, I played a few lessons on a day, then go and find songs that I want for a couple of days and go back to it. I simply can't go through all of it quickly, and can't learn the chords and memorise them both in my head and muscle memory that fast. So I spent like 3 days going between G, C and D chords until I can do them without looking and can switch between them in less time than a half note.

Caporegime
I signed up on that, I played a few lessons on a day, then go and find songs that I want for a couple of days and go back to it. I simply can't go through all of it quickly, and can't learn the chords and memorise them both in my head and muscle memory that fast. So I spent like 3 days going between G, C and D chords until I can do them without looking and can switch between them in less time than a half note.
I’m confused, for a long time you’ve showed some pretty awesome and expensive stuff off on the gear thread. Have you bought all that stuff without really being able to play the guitar?

Soldato
I’m confused, for a long time you’ve showed some pretty awesome and expensive stuff off on the gear thread. Have you bought all that stuff without really being able to play the guitar?
Hoping that the past tense in his first sentence refers to a long time ago. I guess Fender play hasn't been out that long though. I don't think it was exactly a closely guarded secret that he bought them for mostly ornamental value :)

Caporegime

I bought the guitar stuff years ago! Yup! Just life and other hobbies got in the way. For the past few years since I bought most of the guitar gear I been more interested in travelling, (and always photography).

You would think money wasted on the guitars....yes and no. Yes it has been spent, but no as in that because of the pound tanking in the past couple of years, due to the nature of guitar stuff (most made in the US, at least the brands people know), some of it hold their value really well...I can sell it for as much if not more than what I paid for it.

PRS Custom 24 10-top - paid £1299 in a sale, new today....£3799.

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/prs/custom-24/

jr5GXCX.jpg

Last edited:
Don
@Raymond Lin - Let me know how you get on with that Guitar course. I bought a guitar about 3 years ago with the promise of putting time into something new but haven't done anything with it.

Keep me posted please.

@Raymond Lin have you checked out the extended free trial to Fender Play as well?

Like others, I've taken up learning the guitar during lockdown too :) I started last year with some cheap Strat knock-off but lost interest after Christmas when other things came up. Just before the lockdown started I invested in a good quality guitar and signed up for the Fender lessons.

It might not be your cup of tea but I've found the program "Rocksmith" very helpful in building finger strength and muscle memory. It's never going to teach you how to play properly, but as a learning aid it's been good for me.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Like others, I've taken up learning the guitar during lockdown too :) I started last year with some cheap Strat knock-off but lost interest after Christmas when other things came up. Just before the lockdown started I invested in a good quality guitar and signed up for the Fender lessons.

It might not be your cup of tea but I've found the program "Rocksmith" very helpful in building finger strength and muscle memory. It's never going to teach you how to play properly, but as a learning aid it's been good for me.
What guitar?

Don
What guitar?

Ibanez RGA42FM

By no means is it an expensive guitar, but much better than my old Strat knockoff

91498575-10158324159387369-854535085578256384-o.jpg

Soldato
Congrats. Looks lovely. Enjoy :)

Congrats, glad it went through as have read horrow stories in the current situation.

Thank you folks. Actually went through in Feburary but the past few weeks have been crazy as you can imagine. :)

I see you've hired a bouncer as well. Must be a rough neighbourhood.

Ha! I've had lots of feedback from friends and family along the lines of "this is the first ever photo of your first ever house and you have ruined it by dressing like a yobbo" :D

Commissario
Had to buy a new Kindle because the keyboard on my old Kindle Keyboard stopped working. Specifically the 'select' button and the navigation stopped working so it was effectively useless.

I've got it in a nice fake leather case.

This arrived this morning and the stupid thing was showing adverts! I contacted them and they told me it would cost £10 to remove them but they'd give me a £10 refund.

It now doesn't show adverts. Result.

Z32QTQs.jpeg

pzFu2nf.jpeg

Soldato
Let me know what you think, i've looked at a few of their things since i got a 25% Strava code, but never bothered to go through with it.

Used them yesterday and first impressions are positive. Good quality, thick and comfortable.

I was doing my longest distance run yesterday so still used my 'current setup' of a bit of vaseline under some kinesiology tape on a blister spot so haven't tested their true nature yet, saving that for a shorter run.

Back
Top Bottom