*** Images of Items or Services Purchased in January 2013 ***

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Yes it does.

The whole purpose of Krispy Kremes are they are a treat; gourmet doughnuts. The fact they are a slightly pricey thus becomes irrelevant and completely expected.

Plus 92p for a doughnut like that isn't at all expensive anyway considering you pay around 50p per doughnut at bakeries for normal doughnuts.

Although of-course it would be preferable if they did smaller boxes. Even with a few people around, consuming 12 within a day or two becomes quite difficult.

Man of Honour
So you admit it's almost 100% more expensive yet then use that to suggest they are not expensive? :p

The box size is half the problem. Unless you club together with a few mates or you have a girlfriend that adores cake just what do you do with 12 of them before they go stale and end up in the bin?

If only they did a half dozen for a fiver..

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;23657623 said:
So you admit it's almost 100% more expensive yet then use that to suggest they are not expensive? :p

The box size is half the problem. Unless you club together with a few mates or you have a girlfriend that adores cake just what do you do with 12 of them before they go stale and end up in the bin?

They do half a dozen for £5.99? or £6.99? I can't remember now.

They even do a box of 3 now as well. I think that is £4.

Last edited:

TS7

TS7

Soldato
[TW]Fox;23657623 said:

You don't walk into fancy burger places and exclaim how ridiculous the prices are as they are double that of McDonalds / BK. It is expected. You get a better quality of product [usually].

Krispy Kremes are far superior to what you would find at a high street bakery for 50p thus justify the higher price.

If of-course it was completely the same product just branded in a more fancy package, I would agree in saying it is overpriced. However that's not the case.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;23657623 said:

Er.. Anyone who lets their GF eat all those donuts then they are a very bad, bad BF...... Bad!!

Am I the only person who walks into KK shops and gets free donuts? Haven't been in one for a while but I used to get lots of free donut samples when they were making fresh batches :D

Soldato
You can get 10 for £1 at Asda or Tesco, these better be VERY good to justify almost £1 for one :eek:.

You could buy 10 from Asda and then get a bottle of choc sauce and some sprinkles and stuff to make them look pretty for about £3.

Man of Honour
You don't walk into fancy burger places and exclaim how ridiculous the prices are as they are double that of McDonalds / BK. It is expected. You get a better quality of product [usually].

Do they sell a box of 12 burgers for £25? ;)

(Raymond - I've never seen them in boxes of anything less than 12. Always seems to be either 1 or the box of 12?)

Man of Honour
You can get 10 for £1 at Asda or Tesco, these better be VERY good to justify almost £1 for one :eek:.

You could buy 10 from Asda and then get a bottle of choc sauce and some sprinkles and stuff to make them look pretty for about £3.

And will taste just as good, the dough is crap. They only taste nice due to the insane fillings/coatings.

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;23657698 said:
Do they sell a box of 12 burgers for £25? ;)

(Raymond - I've never seen them in boxes of anything less than 12. Always seems to be either 1 or the box of 12?)

You can even buy a metal tin for a box of 6 but that tin "edition" is £10 though.

The box of 3 I seen it and bought it from Tesco Metro on New Street in Birmingham.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's silly really. The mark up must be insane. There's nothing to them, last time someone got a couple of boxes at work and I ended up eating 6 with little effort.

Soldato
And will taste just as good
Oh no they won't!!!

I once bought some glazed ring doughnuts from Tesco thinking that they'd taste similar because they look similar to Krispy Kreme's original glazed donuts..... Oh how wrong was I. KK donuts are so soft they almost melt in your mouth :eek: :o

Soldato
Went Birmingham today to meet a friend of mine who moved back down there due to his job, had a stupid time, too much being silly...drank a fair whack of cider in Scruffy somethings bar...

The manga I have no idea about, I bought it due to the fantastic artwork. 3 for 2 from the place I purchased them from.

Scruffy Murphy's!

Scruffys is the place to be my man! Good music and I rock the punching bag machine ;)

Soldato
Scruffy Murphy's!

Scruffys is the place to be my man! Good music and I rock the punching bag machine ;)

That's the place! Shortly before we got there someone jumped from a high-rise though...roads were all cordoned of...but we still got in, that pump cider (the slightly flat one) is so tasty, my mate asked the barman if he could an album on and he did...now...wish I was closer lol was good fun playing MTG in there also :D

Soldato
They are decent value when they have an offer on, they are the defacto choice when bringing something in to the office. 24 doughnuts go pretty far for £12 or so.

Back
Top Bottom