****Images of Items or Services Purchased in November 2012****

Soldato
OP
Only ever seen the first of the Harry Potter movies, picked the box set up for £25:)

001-5.jpg

Permabanned
I has one of these laptops and docking stations! Obviously company owned. How are you liking yours?
Just remember, you can only use 2 monitors with this :( so either two externals or laptop monitor + 1 external etc. That is the only downside I have seen with this.

You poor soul! Somebody else who's IT department got suckered into a Dell service contract I'm guessing :p

I have a double-head setup at the office, two 22" monitors. The laptop is utter rubbish so whilst this replicator can theoretically handle 3 monitors (VGA, DP, DVI) it would cripple it even if the Intel graphics could handle it.

In all honesty, I only use it for things I need the work VPN for at home as I can't dial in on my own rig (which is generally work email). It's nice to have a proper docking station for my work clobber though :)

Associate
You poor soul! Somebody else who's IT department got suckered into a Dell service contract I'm guessing :p

I have a double-head setup at the office, two 22" monitors. The laptop is utter rubbish so whilst this replicator can theoretically handle 3 monitors (VGA, DP, DVI) it would cripple it even if the Intel graphics could handle it.

In all honesty, I only use it for things I need the work VPN for at home as I can't dial in on my own rig (which is generally work email). It's nice to have a proper docking station for my work clobber though :)

Haha! Yeah the IT department has been suckered into it...
I have duel monitor setup which is better than nothing. Sucks that the laptop only has 2 USB ports though...

Soldato
After all that custom charge talk, they must have seen it and got you lol! nice haul as always though you rich SOB. :p

you can put them on anything really. they are more for show than a practical purpose.

I'm pretty sure there is some twit who has wrote my name down and stuck it on his screen and everytime something comes for me, he adds that fragging custom sticker on my parcel.

I'm thinking of using a other family member address to send parcels too, see if that works. If not, the biggest order, the one with the T-Shirt and bits and bobs missed customs, but I didn't use SAL registered shipping for that, used Air Mail instead, it's costs slightly more but comes faster and so far I have never been hit.

Anyway! New order has finally arrived! It arrived over a week ago in the UK and I only found out it arrived after calling the sorting office, it must had been in customs for ages. Customs demanded a hostage fee of £15 before they would release her.

She is Akira E. Ferrari from A R I A the Animation and so on. Was second hand from AmiAmi for only £38 + shipping which is a steal since on eBay she sells for £80 to £180.

AmiAmi_November_Order_3a.jpg

With Akari Mizunashi who was twice the price.

AmiAmi_November_Order_3b.jpg

There are four more to go before I have the full collection but unless am lucky, am looking at a other £100 to £280 each. :eek:

:)

Caporegime
Custom made pine TV Cabinet

cab1.jpg

Designed myself months ago and sent the design off to a carpenter, quoted me a price and we agreed, got delivered today.

Very very pleased! It weighs an absolute ton, completely solid, all old school joints on it (proper carpentry joints), the draws don't move a single mm when seated, slot in perfectly. It smells lush, I absolutely love it.

Now to get the 46-50" TV that it was designed for :)

....or maybe a floor first, should definitely finish renovating before I buy anymore stuff for the house :o

Also, before anyone asks about the huge gap for the shelf, it's so if I get a massive centre speaker, it'll still go in :)

Soldato
Custom made pine TV Cabinet

cab1.jpg

Designed myself months ago and sent the design off to a carpenter, quoted me a price and we agreed, got delivered today.

Very very pleased! It weighs an absolute ton, completely solid, all old school joints on it (proper carpentry joints), the draws don't move a single mm when seated, slot in perfectly. It smells lush, I absolutely love it.

That looks really good, I can tell its quality just by looking at it. If the drawers can also be swapped around then that's another sign its top class. Nice to see some people still employ cabinet makers instead of going to Ikea for all their furniture.

Back
Top Bottom