• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

~~~~~IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Regarding Intel Sandybridge CPU/Motherboards (1000's IN STOCK)!!~~~~~

OcUK Staff
Hi there

OcUK has 1000+ Sandybridge CPU's in stock along with motherboards too from Asus, Asrock, Gigabyte, Foxconn and MSI all in stock. Launch is Sunday the 9th and *WE HAVE STOCK*!!
Competitors listing pre-order now do not have stock, they won't get stock or literally a handful of units so don't be tempted by pre-orders or silly cheap prices, if you want a Sandybridge on time wait until launch on 9th and buy *ONLY* from an etailor with stock to avoid dissapointment. Once again OcUK has 1000+ in stock and we go live Sunday 9th unless Intel tell us otherwise.

Those who ordered today will get their orders before the weekend, anyone else waiting to order don't be fooled by temptation of those listing as pre-order because they will be lucky to get stock if any at all.

So OcUK will be able to deliver before anyone else.

Basically wait until the 9th and *ONLY* by from etailors who list as *IN STOCK*

We would go live but were a direct Intel customer and we value our relationship with Intel, those who are breaking this NDA are not supported by Intel and will never get their support.

OcUK will only launch early if we get go ahead from Intel which looks unlikely.

OcUK Staff
OP
If we Order Sunday will we recieve the Goods the next day (Monday 10th) if we select next working day delivery? or will we get them on Tuesday 11th?

:)

Tuesday, couriers don't work or collect on Sunday. So they will collect Monday for Tuesday delivery.

Or why not come to OcUK HQ Monday and pick one up. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
With the earlier ocUK price for the P8P67 + i5-2500k combo being about £ 25 inc VAT more expensive then the cheapest pre-order competitor and this being discussed on this forum I would not mind betting this will force ocUK hand and they will slash the prices at to around the same at launch.

So those who have not yet ordered can look forward to an i5-2500k for about £ 175 inc VAT and a P8P67 for about £ 120 inc VAT.

We only aim to be competitive against competitors prices who have product IN STOCK.

OcUK Staff
OP
That is the case at the moment but what about in a weeks time when others do have stock. I can see the prices dropping a bit maybe not to exactly the same level as the cheapest competitor but within £ 10 - £ 15 for the bundle I mentioned.

Like I say we aim to be competitive against those who have stock, so if in a weeks time competitors are cheaper, we will compete. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo's old stomping ground have competitive prices. I hope ocuk will be able to match them.

I'd be surprised if they get stock, I heard Intel and not very happy at all, might not prove good for them getting stock. So we shall see.

Motherboards are live, CPU's will be live around midnight Sunday.

Unfortunately thats the rules as dumb as it might seem. :(

OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo:

I've just been reading on OC3D and they are implying that OCUK pulled down their prices because they were more expensive than a competitor. I wont link to the article because of said competitor being mentioned but it seems very unprofessional of them to write such an article in the first place. OC3D are basically bad mouthing OcUK.

I've seen it we pulled down product due to Intel telling us the NDA was not up.

The proof is in the pudding as we never aim to be the cheapest and so if a company with no stock wanted to undercut us then thats upto them but we'd never pull stock because of it and we have never done so in the past and are not about to do so.

The stock was pulled due to NDA reasons and the proof of this is seen because none of the other big boys in the UK are live yet either, just very small companies hoping to get the odd order, I only hope for those customers who do order they are not waiting too long to get their delivery.

OcUK Staff
OP
Yeah I had thought as much. Just think OC3D are trying to cause a stir and bad name you guys. As you say... no stock is currently online. I think OC3D are affiliated with that competitor, hence their bias towards them. It's quite laughable!

Well thats upto them and I won't comment on them been biased.

All I know is OcUK would never de-list a product because we were more expensive, its never happened in the history of OcUK and its certainly something not about to happen. Even more so when said competitor does not even have stock and from discussions with Intel it looks remote that they will get stock or enough in a timely fashion.

The only time I'd ever de-list stock would be because we can't get stock for months so would rather not list than mislead customers into buying when cannot deliver in a timely fashion or if a manufacturer request us to do so due to an NDA or a fault with the product.

In the case of these CPU's its just down to NDA, I have 1000 of the bad boys in stock and I shall get myself a pyramid built and photo taken to prove so later. :)

Plus the fact why would we ever de-list even if were more expensive when something is selling like hot cakes, look at threads on this forum for proof of how many people ordered. :)

So yeah the article is in-accurate. I await to see threads on the net appearing next week that I ordered from such etailor and still not recieved my order, I feel sorry for anyone that happens too. :(

OcUK Staff
OP
RAM speed makes very little difference to overall performance, a modern processor with basic 1333MHz RAM will usually perform to within 1-2% of one using fancy 2000MHz low-latency stuff for most tasks. Fast RAM is mostly just a 'my number is bigger than yours' game.

Better of getting 1600MHz stuff and trying to run as aggressive memory timings you can. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
And now we know who supplies him some freebies ;)
Tbh, the article looks like sour grapes.

The way I see it, certain competitor thinks we will be clever, break NDA launch early and we shall get loads of internet exposure and get loads of money in our bank from people placing orders.

Then Intel get involved, ourselves and many other Intel covered customers kick off big time, now said etailor is in jeopardy of getting no stock at all so they go sulking and as such articles like that appear.

Its simple follow NDA's stick to them within reason and the manufacturer will want to work with you and allow you to make good profits and be competitive.

Work against a manufacturer you risk getting little to no stock and you never make any money at the same time.

Thats why OcUK and other big players stick to NDA's mostly and work closely with manufacturers and cherish those relationships. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Competitors have plenty of stock.

Only those who are covered accounts by Intel who like us are not live due to NDA reasons.
We went live due to an email saying to go live from a trusted source, Intel spotted this mistake and requested we took down and so we did as were an Intel covered customer or premier partner as they put it. Intel covered customers and premier partners have stock now.

Those listing for pre-order don't have stock, otherwise it would not be pre-order and are not an Intel premier partner.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

For any doubters out there, here is some photos of our stock with burger thrown in for good measure:-

photorgi.jpg

photo1fn.jpg

And here is a pallit full with another 3-4 pallits to book in still:-

photo3vs.jpg

Plenty of stock. :D

OcUK Staff
OP
The other company have now shown pictures showing their stock as well, its nowhere near the amount Gibbo showed, but it shows they do have stock!

I count 8 CPU's in their picture, not gonna go very far, so quite accurate in my estimation of them having little to no stock.....
Just done a count on our stock, 1124 units left, we had 1200 total, but orders shipped from yesterday and those who still had in their baskets. :)
So we have plenty too allocate to system production from the word go which is excellent and more than enough to prevent running out which means all our customers will get delivery next day as long as no payment issues. :)

The boxes the CPU's are sat on in the pictures are not Sandybridge bulk boxes, they are too big, look more like 1366 I7 boxes, unless its camera angle. ;)

There is a lot of customers in the UK, suspect on Monday over 3000 Sandybridge processors will be sold, OcUK will get a good chunk of that business as will other major players in the industry. :)

Back
Top Bottom