IN A PICKLE! BETWEEN SONY AND SAMSUNG!

Associate
hi peeps

I am in a pickle at the moment between the sony KD-55xe7073SU and UE55MU6400, Looking at displayspecification.com the sony specs appear to be better in every department bar the colour %.

I choose both purely because of the VA panels, I would love to have went for the 49 inch ex80 but it has an ips panel and from previous experience I really dislike ips due to the ips glow and clouding of the screen and black scenes in movies or games looking more grey it's very off putting. The 55 inch 7073 is the only one that has a VA panel in my budget range.

The samsung has got amazing reviews where as the sony 7073 there isn't very many out there but according to youtubers sony has the best tech out of all, but the one thing that has me edging sony is there reality x pro upscaling is suppose to be the best out there? It's such a hard choice.

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/69b8b40

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/99cebb5

Last edited:
Soldato
How much do they cost compared to an LG 55" OLED ?
As an OLED would be far better..

Edit: I just search them two on richer sounds and an LG would cost over £1000 extra :o:eek::(

Soldato
A friend has just bought that Samsung. It looked bloody awful on factory settings. So artificial. I grabbed some settings off AV Forums, which when combined with switching all the image processing stuff off made it look a nice picture. Viewing angles arnt great though.

Soldato
My next tv will be OLED, if the one I have want is pricey I'll wait or save.

I know it's grand extra but I'm with chaparral.

TVs a long time investment, worth s sing the spondoolies. I've had my 1080p penny plasma for years and I still love it.

Soldato
I've just got the Panasonic 58dx802b and I'm absolutely stunned by the picture quality, I had a Panasonic plasma before this and it beats it on every level.
Got it for £599 so that £1000 saving can buy me a lot of 4k content or xbox, Apple tv 4k

Associate
OP
thanks for the replies guys, I would love an oled! but a bit to pricey.hoping maybe end of the year/next year theres some nice price drops on older oldes.

Thanks for the heads up about the samsung, think i’ll just take the sony then, its the x reality thats really got me on board since its suppose to be amazing, i’ve got the older ju6400 4k here and its been a great tv but wasn’t to sure if the mu6400 is just a little step up with hdr slapped on it.

Soldato
I would love to have went for the 49 inch ex80 but it has an ips panel
IPS panels improved, my current pan is much better than older philips ips, but you do trade off viewing angle in a VA
you can pick up the 50dx802 for £600, so I would not dismiss that.

Soldato
I've just got the Panasonic 58dx802b and I'm absolutely stunned by the picture quality, I had a Panasonic plasma before this and it beats it on every level.
Got it for £599 so that £1000 saving can buy me a lot of 4k content or xbox, Apple tv 4k

Corrr I'm a bit jealous, bet it's awesome. I paid £1200 for my set (RS deal) and it's strange to think you can get such better quality for half the price. We live in a lucky time. Enjoy the set my man.

OP, gl with the purchase.

Last edited:
Soldato
Corrr I'm a bit jealous, bet it's awesome. I paid £1200 for my set (RS deal) and it's strange to think you can get such better quality for half the price. We live in a lucky time. Enjoy the set my man.

OP, gl with the purchase.
It was from the Panasonic refurb outlet on ebay

Back
Top Bottom