In an ideal world... What is your next car?

Soldato
Hankering after an Esprit Turbo - Just about affordable but I would have to be very very brave and not want to drive it everyday.

Also wouldn't mind some cheap to buy cheap to run hot ish hatch action like a Metro Gti or something.

Oops in im ideal ideal work I wish Honda would do another 2 seater convertible - a cross between the S2000 (sharp looks, VTEC engine, well put together, nice interior) and my MG (bigger boot, cheap!)

Last edited:
Soldato
Not really? They have the same power output only the GTT doesn't have the weight and drag penalty associated with the ATTESA-ETS system. Lacks the corner exit traction ability but that's about it.

Nothing to do with the gentlemen's agreement on power of mass produced cars. They all make the same BHP in this league. The GTR is twin turbo for a start and a load more torque. The GTR will make more power from the factory.

Edit: Wiki seems to suggest 320bhp standard (RB26DETT)

Last edited:
Soldato
That's not what Nissan say. I can perhaps understand the export models having a bit of a power boost, but the JDM ones, from the factory? Wishful thinking if you ask me.

Of course Nissan would say that? :confused:

Does it not surprise you that the, Evo, Suburu STI, Mazda RX7, Supra TT, Honda NSX & Nissan R34 GTR all have a 276bhp claimed power rating???

Last edited:
Associate
Erm, Focus ST..... I really like my car...

Perhaps a nice 360BHP pumpaspeed mod with LSD. Or not. Wheel Spin away.

Associate
E46 M3 or a Z4MC (red, black alloys, rear carbon fibre mini spoiler, would need a stubby adding):

3434391876_8c442f8862.jpg

Looking at upgrading later on this year once I'm settled into the new house and have money again. YESYES.

Soldato
This thread is a bit odd. Ranging from realistic choices, to lottery winning choices. I suppose given in an "ideal world" I would have won the lottery too, twice :p

Associate
No it doesn't, because that's the agreement, and that's what they have.

no they dont, they all agree to say on paper they have 276bhp but its a well known fact that the supra normally makes 310-320bhp, the skyline makes 300-315bhp, the 300zx makes 305-310bhp, 3000gt makes about 320bhp

Just because theres an agreement doesnt mean its held to the exact detail, most 99spec rx7s dont make 280bhp, only about 265bhp for example.

I would have thought with you being into jap cars that you would have known that simple myth along time ago

Do you really think they are gonna tune the ignition, fueling and boost to get exactly 276bhp for each manufacture.

When you have best motoring thrashing the guts out of them on track to find which ones best, they arnt gonna go, ill happily be 100kg heavier than my rivals but stay the same power so im slower

Back
Top Bottom