In need of a new electric shaver!

Commissario
I suppose this is one of those god-awful 'spec-me' threads in disguise, however I need to replace the cheapo one I got a few years ago with something better.

Budget is up to £80, don't really know what to go for as there's so many different ones available so has anybody got any recommendations?

And please don't reply saying wet shave - I go this most of the time, however there's a few occasions when it's more convenient to use the electric jobby or I don't have the time in the mornings to get the cream out. Oo err!

Man of Honour
Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun

I've tried every major make and Braun are easily the best

Soldato
Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun Braun

Remington then?

Man of Honour

Which one of them? :D

Soldato
I've had a couple of Philips, wasn't impressed. I've now got a Panasonic ES7102A511, still not impressed tbh.
Maybe all electric shavers are rubbish, I try and wet shave but sometimes just want to electric shave for convenience.

Man of Honour
I've had a couple of Philips, wasn't impressed. I've now got a Panasonic ES7102A511, still not impressed tbh.
Maybe all electric shavers are rubbish, I try and wet shave but sometimes just want to electric shave for convenience.

Tried both makes and they are rubbish compared to Braun.

Even the cheap Brauns are good.
The one I've got cost £80 and comes with a cleaner you can put it in.

Soldato

I'll try Braun next, thing is at £60 plus a pop it's not something you can just keep trying to find which make and model suits you best. Problem is you can't try before you buy.

Associate
I also like Braun, my current one is over 5 years old, did try and Philips but had to get rid of it.
on the look out for another soon too, will stick with braun

Soldato

Me too! *high 5*

Yeah anyway enough of that sillyness, Braun make the best electric razors, I have the series 3 390c with a washing dock station thing. Go have a look to see if anyone is doing a sale on this sort of thing as I ended up with a 45% discount on boots pre christmas sale last year :)

Soldato
I've had Braun's from a while now, at the moment I've got the top of the line Series 7 790cc one, cost a bomb, and it still doesn't do the job. I'm switching over to a Merkur manual razor at the end of the year, sick of shaving for 7-8 minutes and still having stubble.

Soldato
I have an old braun foil shaver from MANY years ago! And it works. Does the job well, I never clean it or anything. Just charge and use. Sure sometimes it misses hairs but it isn't that big a deal.

Caporegime
Anyone looking for an electric shaver that gives a perfect shave is going to be looking a LONG time... it doesn't exist. You just need to find one that suits your stubble type and gets as close as possible... any remaining hairs left (usually at the front of the neck and under the jawline can be got off in a jiffy with a razor. For me an electric shave, even with its niggles, is FAR preferable to a full wet shave.

Back
Top Bottom