In Need of Help

Associate
Im considering buying a motherboard and processor bundle to replace mine at the moment and I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out whether everything will work

Here is what im considering buying:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BU-014-AS&groupid=701&catid=6

Here is my power supply:
** Do not post competitor names or links, thank you **

Current Motherboard:
http://uk.msi.com/product/mb/760GMP23_FX.html#hero-specification

Current Processor:
http://www.******.com/503900-amd-piledriver-fx-4-quad-core-4350-4-20ghz-socket-am3-processor-retail-fd4350frhkbox?utm_source=google&utm_medium=products&gclid=CLHLq5yQxb8CFYIewwodfhQAeA

Current Graphics Card:

POV-TGT GeForce GTX 560Ti Charged 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

Also, what is the difficulty of applying the thermal paste once I purchase a new processor

Thank you for any help :)

Soldato
That's a good bundle, if you don't plan on Nvidia SLI. It is only capable of CrossFire with Radeon cards.

There's not much difficulty applying thermal paste if you are careful and think it through. This stuff is helpful for removing old paste:

YOUR BASKET
1 x Arctic Silver ArctiClean Thermal Material Remover and Surface Purifier - 60ml Kit £6.98
Total : £10.90 (includes shipping : £3.26).

You can also use 90% isopropyl alcohol.

Do you have the thermal paste and cooler already?

The PSU should be able to run that rig, if it's in good nick.

Associate
OP
That's a good bundle, if you don't plan on Nvidia SLI. It is only capable of CrossFire with Radeon cards.

There's not much difficulty applying thermal paste if you are careful and think it through. This stuff is helpful for removing old paste:

YOUR BASKET
1 x Arctic Silver ArctiClean Thermal Material Remover and Surface Purifier - 60ml Kit £6.98
Total : £10.90 (includes shipping : £3.26).

You can also use 90% isopropyl alcohol.

Do you have the thermal paste and cooler already?

The PSU should be able to run that rig, if it's in good nick.

I was aware that new Intel CPUs come with thermal paste already on the heatsync

Ive had the PSU since around december, is that good enough?

Soldato
I was aware that new Intel CPUs come with thermal paste already on the heatsync

The stock cooler that comes with a Retail CPU does come with paste, yes.

Reason I asked is because you might have had an aftermarket cooler already, and might be in need of more paste, or if you didn't have an aftermarket cooler, to make sure you knew you'd need one if you wanted to overclock. As that's an i5-K which you can overclock.

Ive had the PSU since around december, is that good enough?

Yes.

Soldato
As Danny said the stock cooler comes with thermal paste but if you already have an aftermarket cooler (with 1156/1155/1150 compatibility) you'll be able to re-use it, but you'll need new thermal paste (as the paste comes on the stock CPU cooler not separate).

Are you going to re-use you're current aftermarket cooler (if you have one)?

Associate
OP
As Danny said the stock cooler comes with thermal paste but if you already have an aftermarket cooler (with 1156/1155/1150 compatibility) you'll be able to re-use it, but you'll need new thermal paste (as the paste comes on the stock CPU cooler not separate).

Are you going to re-use you're current aftermarket cooler (if you have one)?

As I bought a pre made PC to start with it has just come with a stock amd cooler so Im looking to use the Intel cooler than comes with the processor

Soldato
As I bought a pre made PC to start with it has just come with a stock amd cooler so Im looking to use the Intel cooler than comes with the processor

That's fair enough, aslong as you're happy with that.

As the stock cooler comes with TIM already you'll be fine. :)

Though as its a K series CPU, id suggest looking at getting an aftermarket CPU later on, to allow you to OC. :)

Associate
OP
That's fair enough, aslong as you're happy with that.

As the stock cooler comes with TIM already you'll be fine. :)

Though as its a K series CPU, id suggest looking at getting an aftermarket CPU later on, to allow you to OC. :)

Will I get better performance out of the bundle that Im buying than on my current rig?

Back
Top Bottom