In Search of Perspective

Associate
Hi all,

Now that Uploadit.org seems to have come back online, I thought i would share some of the photo's i took last Saturday when i went out around Bristol looking for perspective shots for the comp. It was the first time i've been out shooting for a fair while!

Anyway here are some of the results:

[1]
IMG_0113.jpg

[2]
IMG_0129.jpg

[3]
IMG_0109.jpg

[4]
IMG_0120_1.jpg

[5]
IMG_0123.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
[6] My entry for the comp, which i took after some last minute insperation on the way home!
IMG_0222.jpg

[7] Panoramic of Bristol Park Street type area. Cropped from a 360degree shot from a tower i've forgotten the name of. Click for Large version!

I really wasn't sure whether to enter number 1 or 6 for the comp, but decided on 6 as it was more unique.

These where all taken on My IXUS400 then editted in PSP9.

Comments apreciated!

Greg

Last edited:
Associate
considering what your using versus everyone else you are putting our massive expenditures to shame.

have to say i didnt like the first edit of your 'eye' entry with the redness but after you took that colouring out it was great. i was going to do something like this myself but didnt after i saw yours... then kicked myself when you got such a high score haha oh well

only thing i would've done different would be that i would have made the eyecolour blue if possible with the colour switch option.

but all your photos above are high quality

Associate
OP
haha, ok! Can anyone recommend a decent free (or very cheap) host??

Thanks for the comments on what you could see though!

Ghost in the Shell:- Yeh, with tthe redness at first on the eye image I didn't like it either hence why i changed it to BW and just left the centre in colour. When you say make the eye blue, do you mean the whole eye completly blue? Wouldn't this mean that the image in the eye would become less defined?

oops i forgot to add this one:

[8]
IMG_0068.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Gregeff said:

Ghost in the Shell:- Yeh, with tthe redness at first on the eye image I didn't like it either hence why i changed it to BW and just left the centre in colour. When you say make the eye blue, do you mean the whole eye completly blue? Wouldn't this mean that the image in the eye would become less defined?

oops i forgot to add this one:

[8]
IMG_0068.jpg

I use imagshack.us for all my pictures

Numbers 1 - 6 -7 -8 are just great. On the whole the entire set is really nice but personally these selection really do stand above the rest.

I thought your eye shot was on for a sure thing in the comp. The textures captured within the eye is beautful.

I admire your skills with a Inux400! :)

Associate
Gregeff said:

no i mean use photoshop to swap the colour of the iris for blue (you sample the colour and then tell it to change it - ultimately you will end up with a blue eye) thats just my taste though you see. ill download the image and try to show you in a bit mate

Soldato
Use www.flickr.com. I can see what you're going for with the first 3 shots but for me they just seem over-processed. The composition is fine. Far too much shadow contrast on them. Your eye shot was by far the best of them.

Associate
i couldnt get the replace colour to work the way i thought it might but on relfection (no pun intended) the way you have caught the colour of the sky in the reflection of the eye is excellent. replacing the colour with blue for me just made it a bit too blue... oh well

anyway i also think no8 is fantastic very artistic

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the comments and hosting sugestions guys, i'll look into it :)

AndyBorzi:- I used three layers for most of them. The first layer was the origional shot. The next two layers where black and white conversion using channel mixer and adjusted to be contrasty. The first of which is set to "Soft Light" and the top layer is set to "Burn". Adjust the transparencies to adjust the effect and also how contyrasty the black and white layers are makes a big difference.

PaulStat:- Cabot tower! ah ha, thats the one :), some great views from up there!

cyKey:- Cheers, cyKey, i think i need to to try and work on my processing so that i don't lose the shoadow detail so much, but i do kinda like the effect :)

Ghost in the Shell:- Ah think i see what your saying now, i just tried it. It gives it a completely different look and quite a good effect, but think i prefer the origional as there's more details with the colour :)

[edit] Right I've moved all my photo's over to 1&1 host, so hopefully they should all work now :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom