In The Market

Permabanned
Hey guys, im compltely new to Macs so hopefully someone can help me out.

Im looking at buying a laptop and going to go for a Mac one. It will be mainly used for the surfing the internet.

Ive been looking at the APPLE MACBOOK MB062BA has anyone had any experince with this particular laptop?

How easy is it to hook a Mac book up to a Computer Monitor? Do you have to buy any extra bits?

Also the Memory that OCUK are showing for Macs, are they only for the desktop type machines or for Laptops as well?

One last thing, how easy is it to upgrade other parts like the Hard Drive?

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is that the 2.16Ghz, 1Gb RAM, 120Gb HDD model?

The RAM and HDD in MacBooks can be user replaced very easily, shows you in the manual how to do it. Nothing else can be replaced without voiding your warranty.

These are all RAM that fits the MacBook (apart from the 4Gb kit) Edit: actually you could use the 4Gb kit, but the processors used in MacBooks at the moment only support 3Gb so not all will get used.

To connect to an external monitor you will need to buy a Apple mini-DVI to VGA or to DVI adapter from Apple for about £15 I think.

Last edited:
Soldato
stickroad said:
Also the Memory that OCUK are showing for Macs, are they only for the desktop type machines or for Laptops as well?
OcUK do both Laptop and Desktop Apple memory, laptop Memory below:
MacBook Memory
MacBook Pro Memory

Regards to your other questions, I don't know :p, but Justin's answered them above
icon14.gif

Permabanned
OP
Thanks for the replys everyone.

Justin that is indeed the model im looking at. 2.16Ghz, 1Gb RAM, 120Gb HDD model and a 13inch screen.

How big are the mac books out of intrest?

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom