Incremental back up software

Soldato
Looking for some advice if possible.

I have a number of drives but I'm specifically looking at incremental backups for my system drive which is a 240gb Samsung, I've bought another 240gb Kingston which I was thinking of putting a clone on.

That said, now I've thought about it a bit more, I'm thinking about an incremental back up as that seems to make more sense than doing a manual clone every month or so. Mainly so I don't lose up to date game saves or mod configurations.

I have Windows and my games installed on the system drive, the other drives in my machine are just media drives that are disposable or otherwise backed up as they are not volitile in terms of new data being written to them.

EaseUS seems to have incremental backup in its free version, does this create a bootable disk image on the backup drive? Or do you have to mount the image some how?

I'm just thinking if my system drive totally dies, would I just be able to boot straight up from the backup drive?

Thanks.

Soldato
OP
Thanks yeh I've used macrium free to do simple clones before.

I don't suppose any free ones will do an incremental bootable clone as opposed to a backup?

I don't mind paying but if there's something free that I can use, all the better. Ideally I want a bootable clone that's incrementally updated.

Soldato
OP
Is that the paid or free version though?

I guess what I'm asking is if the system drive dies, I can remove it and boot straight back up from the backup drive, which is incrementally backed up say once a week.

Soldato
MS synctoys 2 if its a straight file copy without compression.It does one full copy then in future you can tell it to only copy changed files etc.

Soldato
OP
Thanks I might just clone the drive then and overwrite the clone with a new clone every so often.

Incremental would be better as fewer wrights as the drive is generally quite full.

Soldato
Use Syncfolders myself. The Back-Up option which changes the Target Folder to the Source Folder, but also with rule to hold onto deleted files for 1 day before purging. Got it set to activate every three hours but you can choose whatever time as well as how long to hold onto deleted files.

Back
Top Bottom