India - Package Deal - TOUR INDIA'S EXOTIC WONDERS

Associate
Hi All,
has any one been on this Package deal from New market holidays

What I am really looking forward to is the Tiger Reserve at Ranthambore National Park.
What I am not sure is what camera / lenses to take as I do not know what type of vehicle I will be in i.e Jeep or high side large truck / small passenger lorry.

Has any one been on this holiday ! ?

Associate
Not been on this tour but have been to tiger reserves in India. Just so you're aware, pretty rare to actually see the tigers in the reserves. Tour looks fine but worth seeing more of Rajasthan if you can while you're there. Udaipur and Jodhpur are highlights and IMO much better than Jaipur.

ETA to answer your question just based on my experience, they are usually jeeps (can be open top). Even if you find someone who has been on the same tour there's no guarantee they will use the same provider at Ranthambhore every time.

Last edited:
Soldato
Did a similar thing in Sri Lanka. The tour operator is just a front man to some random bloke with a converted Tata truck (they put seats in the bed basically). That means it is really hit and miss --- most of the operators are in WhatsApp groups and ping each other when they see something, so it is a bit madness.

Never saw a tiger but saw an elephant.

It feels quite pricey for what it is a ~£800 return flight to Delhi and then a drive around the obvious sights.

Just had a check, when I went in 2016 I used Maharaja Trails. This is a sample of the comms you get:

Greetings !!!

Thanks for your e-mail. Further in reference to your below mail would like to inform you that as per your given dates you will be able to visit Tajmahal on 09th and that day is friday and Tajmahal remain closed on Friday.

or if you say we can plan the trip as below:

07 Dec: Delhi arrival and drive Agra.

08 Dec: Visit Agra and drive Jaipur via Abhaneri step well.

09 Dec: Visit Jaipur

10 Dec: Jaipur - Delhi where you would be dropped off at your desired destination.

There was tonnes of backwards and forwards on refining the package so I'd definitely recommend them. We paid $180/ea (4 people) for all of that, including the hotel rooms.

Back
Top Bottom