Associate
As a kid I used to read the British comic books Fantastic, Terrific, Smash, Pow and Wham, which effectively licensed the contents of Marvel Comics and sold it in the UK. That included Thor, Iron Man, the Avengers, the X-men, etc.

But I grew out of it at about the age of 12 or 13 (maybe because those comics stopped running those stories for reasons too complex to go into). Anyway, the point is that, as an adult, I never really got into whole Marvel comics, super-hero movie franchise, despite the special effects. Whether this was because of maturity or just because it wasn't the way I imagined it in my own mind, I can't say.

But recently, under the influence of a close friend who has a nine-year-old kid, my interest has been rekindled and I am looking forward to seeing the Infinity War film (due out in three days time here in the UK, one day later in the US).

The question is, do I go for the virtual reality gaming tie in? It seems to be targeted at kids, at least in the design. But if I play it in private no one will know, even if i DO look naff!

That said, I am still undecided.

Soldato
They did a star wars headset, Jedi Challenges. From quick glancing the reviews it seemed to hold up from a tech standpoint, and it did what it set out to do. That said I had to go digging for information, the fan circles I wallow in don't talk about it at all.

Looking at it, id say your conclusions about it being more of a toy wouldn't be a mile off. If you're in the market for a Oculus/Vive HMD, then if marvel hero's are what you crave, then check out: https://www.oculus.com/marvel-powers-united-vr/ a full blown VR game, that is sure to be fun.

Back
Top Bottom