Installing a power outlet half way up internal exposed brick wall

Associate
Is there a way of doing this without ruining the wall? I've found a few tutorials using fireplaces but the wall is one that goes to next door and it's an old house.

ThFt1Hq.jpg

Associate
OP
I love that guy :)

Yeah. I don't want it to be visible. I wondered whether behind the brick there was something else and, if so, whether there's a way of drilling one hole and then, you know, fishing a wire somehow; if that makes sense.

Associate
OP
Paintable trunking is pretty grim IMO.

Embrace the look and get some metal piping. In London, it'll cost you double for exposed wiring and surface mount backboxes. Especially if they are government approved, BSI metal ones lol.
That’s not a bad about. But it may be a little much. It’s for one of these guys:

I don’t know whether a non-recessed power outlet would fit

Associate
OP
Where’s the wire going to come from?

Could you run it up the corner (there’s another wire there already) and then just bury it in the mortar for the horizontal run to the middle of the wall?
Yes. That’s a great idea. And I think probably the solution.
I think this is the sort of thing that I would really mess up myself however. Need to find some quotes in the uk. No idea how much it should cost.

Associate
OP
You may struggle to get it done 'legit' as I doubt it's up to any sort of official code. Handy man... Possibly. No more than an hour or two work apart from paint.

Make a feature of it. Galvanised trunking and an exposed galvanised socket will look super cool. I mean, it's an exposed painted brick wall so roll with the punches.

Well the socket will be covered by the thing I'm putting up. Let me look up galvanised trunking. I'd need it elsewhere too I think. though I do like the industrial feel.
:)

Back
Top Bottom