Instrumentals

Caporegime
I seem to have a thing for drug fueled instrumentals lately, such as this:

Everything about it is great. The bong hit at the beginning, the dodgy recording, even the fact that he claims he was in active communication with the spirit world at the time. Just one man's lonely trip to the darkest depths of existence through heroin addiction.

Anything similar? Nothing uplifting.

Soldato
Possibly not the genre you're after - but you can pretty much guarantee that anything Eddie Van Halen came up with in the 80s or early 90s was composed and performed while he was off his face on something:

Man of Honour
Atom Heart Mother /thread

You can skip to the good bit at 2:50 if you're a heathen.

You can deffo see why they wanted to use it for A Clockwork Orange!

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Uriel - Love guitar solos and stuff, so I do like that, but it's not really that dark. Just makes me want to rock out instead. :p

Nitefly - I stuck my headphones on last night, turned off the lights, got in bed and listened to that loud. I've never been a fan of PF but that was great! Very haunting in parts. Definitely takes you to another place.

Kosmiche - Bit too rocky and upbeat, but did enjoy them. Especially liked the guitar in one of the tracks on the first one, Uluru Rock.

~>Dg<~ - rave hardcore? I thought that'd be for getting off my face in a club!

Thanks guys. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
yer, ozric tentacles.

or anything off the following:

erpsongs
pungent effulgent
erpland
stragitude
jurassic shift

Last edited:
Soldato
Another big +1 for Ozrics, love that band, seen them so many times

Also try Frank Zappa - You cant do that on stage anymore - triple album of pure guitar solo, awesome stuff

Back
Top Bottom