Insulating a room - would you DIY?

Associate
OP
Other than electrical, plumbing and plastering I have done all of it. Dad is electrician so its parts only cost. Old neighbor is a plumber so get a good rate if not free for small jobs. Plastering is done by a friend of my dads who is retiring and just does odd jobs to keep busy after a lifetime of doing it. Anything I can do to keep costs down I will do but do know my limits.

I do small electrical such a socket replacement, chasing out and replacement lights myself. Dad just changed the consumer unit and I did a lot of the grunt work to save him time and effort as he won't let me pay him. If it needs certifying he tends to do that free after checking my work.

Soldato
Other than electrical, plumbing and plastering I have done all of it. Dad is electrician so its parts only cost. Old neighbor is a plumber so get a good rate if not free for small jobs. Plastering is done by a friend of my dads who is retiring and just does odd jobs to keep busy after a lifetime of doing it. Anything I can do to keep costs down I will do but do know my limits.

I do small electrical such a socket replacement, chasing out and replacement lights myself. Dad just changed the consumer unit and I did a lot of the grunt work to save him time and effort as he won't let me pay him. If it needs certifying he tends to do that free after checking my work.

Get a good sense of achievement when you do most yourself, like yourself my dad used to be in the trade - long since retired, but he taught me to plaster and board and most of what he knows, however I too know my limits and electrical I just do not touch, and I shy away from major plumbing works lol

Back
Top Bottom