insurance claim or pony up myself!?

Soldato
OP
i'll not quote everyone individually but thanks again for all the help and advice.

so turns out you clever folks are much cleverer than me (not hard to be fair) So yea today when I run a price comparison check on quotes it's a tad more than the 20-30 quid that initially was being added - it's now more like 2-300 a year more!

I've only had one quote back so far for repair and that was in region of £1000 - still waiting on a couple more to come back to me tomorrow. costly lesson whether it's an insurance job or out of my own pocket but hey ho, could have been worse. :)

Soldato
OP
it's a clio - just leave it. probably worth more now with the damage
Not a Clio. Wanna try again? Lol. It’s a Hyundai IX35 but irrespective of the vehicle my ocd couldn’t live with knowing it was there!
I once had to (I didn’t!) replace a wing mirror cover on a company car myself as they were taking too long to sort it and it was causing me sleepless nights - yup I’m like that!!

Caporegime
Not a Clio. Wanna try again? Lol. It’s a Hyundai IX35 but irrespective of the vehicle my ocd couldn’t live with knowing it was there!
I once had to (I didn’t!) replace a wing mirror cover on a company car myself as they were taking too long to sort it and it was causing me sleepless nights - yup I’m like that!!

then why did the guy above post a video of a clio door? weird.

still it's probably best just leaving it. unless the car is quite new (less than 2 years old).

spending a grand on that would be throwing good money away

Soldato
then why did the jpaul above post a video of a clio door? weird.
because of this
For reference a 2011 clio

It’s a Hyundai IX35
how old then ... even when it's repaired you always know what lies underneath ..

open question ... is there no way to untell the insurance ... didn't cost as much as I expected, was less than excess, I won't claim ?

if it's got door locks that swap is still expensive ... crack open the door panel and look

Soldato
OP
the reference to the clio was in relation to how the locks are secured to the door by rivets.

how old then
late 2013 (I'm the second owner)
even when it's repaired you always know what lies underneath ..
my ocd knows that only too well but I imagine going to a Hyundai Dealership will cost me a spleen and my first born child.
open question ... is there no way to untell the insurance ... didn't cost as much as I expected, was less than excess, I won't claim ?
yup, it's just left as 'inactive' or 'no action to be taken' (wording may vary I guess) for how long after I don't know but you can ring back up and make it active and make a claim. and for that little 'pleasure' your insurance automatically rises anyway
if it's got door locks that swap is still expensive ... crack open the door panel and look
to my utter shame I wouldn't even know what I was looking at :(

Back
Top Bottom