Insurance - Shopping around pays

Soldato
Hi

Just had my renewal through from Churchill for my 740 Estate (2.3 GLE) and they said £561 TPFT (with 1NCB) down from about £600 TPFT(0NCB). Im 22, living in a very good insurance area with no crashes / convictions.

I wasnt very impressed that i was only saving £40 with my 1NCB, so i ran a quote through confused.com and a company called direct choice (think they are a broker) came out at £350 TPFT! The actual insurer is called Highway. I read through all the legal junk and all is above board. Ive spoke to a few people insured though these and no-one seems to have any problem.

So i went onto this quote, and added legal cover, and windscreen cover, and the final price was £394!

I rang Churchill renewals so see what they could do on their price of £561 and they said that the quote i had recieved was amazing and they could never even get close to matching it!

So there we are. Approx 5-10 mins of my time, and ive shaved £167 off my insurance. Ive also paid it in one hit, so i save myself getting charged interest on installments too (total price from churchill in installments would have been £617!)

Soldato
OP
Hate said:
I don't want to alarm you, but Highway insurance are renowned for being total rubbish, not paying claims, scouring the internet for references of you "racing" or "misusing" your vehicle and generally being incompetant fools.

http://www.mazdarotaryclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28074

Im not too bothered really, as long as im legally insured. Its a £100 volvo. If I spin it into a ditch, i wont bother claiming anyway, would cost me more than its worth. Ive had minor incidents with walls and stuff, and the bumpers do a very good job of protecting the car :p

I think the fact i have no mods or anything like that, mean the insurance company cant really try and wriggle out of a claim should i make one anyway. Bit of a difference between a modded RX7 and a crapped out old volvo ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom