• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel 10th Gen Comet Lake thread

Associate
2% even if they could, which i very much doubt, what would be the bloody point? when you're at 5Ghz already 100 or 200Mhz is nothing, its margins of error levels
It is a difference between being equal and trading blows to grabbing top spot in all benchmarks in reviews. 9900KS was same sort of "improvement", but looked good on graphs. Win the minds first.

But yes, it feels just like Intel Extreme Edition and AMD FX 5GHz. Irrelevant, ineffective and desperate cry for attention. With added bonus of a 4th (!) generation of motherboards for same processor architecture and no big change in connectivity (same 16 PCIe 3.0 lanes) or memory.

Caporegime
It is a difference between being equal and trading blows to grabbing top spot in all benchmarks in reviews. 9900KS was same sort of "improvement", but looked good on graphs. Win the minds first.

But yes, it feels just like Intel Extreme Edition and AMD FX 5GHz. Irrelevant, ineffective and desperate cry for attention. With added bonus of a 4th (!) generation of motherboards for same processor architecture and no big change in connectivity (same 16 PCIe 3.0 lanes) or memory.

Its all about the optics, true...

Associate

That's the real kick in the teeth - Intel want you to buy a new mobo for these 'new' rebranded CPUs that are rebrands of rebrands themselves!

On the other side, if I pick up a Ryzen 3000 series CPU I can choose between X3/4/570 boards.

Caporegime
That's the real kick in the teeth - Intel want you to buy a new mobo for these 'new' rebranded CPUs that are rebrands of rebrands themselves!

On the other side, if I pick up a Ryzen 3000 series CPU I can choose between X3/4/570 boards.

Intel worried Motherboard vendors are losing interest in Intel platforms given no ones buying Intel these days?

*Must force sales*

Caporegime
Intel can't be serious. Mid 2020 with ancient 14nm node CPUs is about a month or two away from 7nm+ Ryzen 4000.
You don't know that.

For all we know the Ryzen 4000 line-up might not be complete until 2021.

Most analysts that I read seem to think Zen 3 will be near the end of 2020. Q4 at the earliest. And some of the mid-range chips could be later - ie 2021.

Soldato
Aye we'll know more in a week when AMD tell us their plans for the year but I think it'll be Q4.

I think so too.

Amd still has the 48 and 64 core Threadripper 3000 chips to launch sometime in 2020 and you can't get too get ahead of oneself.

They should not be in any rush - all Intel is doing is adding 2 cores up to the 10 core with no ipc improvement. Ryzen 3000 still has Intels number. Q4 2020 is a good time to launch ryzen 4000

Soldato
kitguru/tomshardwareandothers said:
According to the benchmark results in the leaked slides, the Intel Core i9-10900k could offer anything from 2% to 30% performance increase over the Intel Core i9-9900k. In the Cinebench R15 benchmark the Core i9-10900K is up to 26% faster than the Core i9-9900k based on the results. When all benchmarks are considered, the Core i9-10900K could produce an average of 13% performance improvement over the current 9th generation Core i9-9900K processor.

Cinebench perf up 26% by adding 25% more cores. Right in line with not much else happening to the chip....

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

AMD going to be performing the same as intel with more than 1ghz slower frequency by the end of next year

Soldato
Cinebench perf up 26% by adding 25% more cores. Right in line with not much else happening to the chip....

Yep, can imagine the cries of derision from the Intel fanboys if Ryzen 3000 had just given us more cores and nothing else.................................same old same old from Intel, nothing changes. I bet the only change will be the price going up.

Back
Top Bottom