• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel 14nm Skylake Processors To Feature PCIe 4, DDR4 Memory and SATA Express

Soldato
OP
Skylake mainstream looks pretty good, especially as it's only a couple of years away..
Think their will be 6 core variants? Would hope 6 cores would be mainstream by then, 8 or more cores at the high end...

Permabanned
So I'll ignore Broadwell too and just buckle-down with this i5 750 3.8GHz+ till Skylake. It's funny because I'm hoping the new consoles really help push things again, but otherwise not wanting to need Broadwell if those new features come next :p ...Maybe AMD will save me in that potential gap by beating Intel to the punch with those things.

Last edited:

tbh

tbh

Associate
Hoping that Skylake finally sees Intel move to 6 or 8 cores for mainstream parts, seems like we've been stuck with dual and quad cores for a very long time now.

makes broadwell look pretty pointless?

Desktop Broadwell has been canceled anyway hasn't it?

Soldato
Hopefully my Q9650@4GHz would be able to keep up till then :)

I was thinking of upgrading to Haswell first but after seeing the issues, I have decided to skip it in favour of Skylake :cool:

Back
Top Bottom