• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

intel 7700k

Associate
Hi guys need some help here my friend has this processor intel i7 7700k but we can not find the right motherboard to buy he has a budget of about £120 to £140 what's the best he can get i really need help he rings me ever day asking and i don t have the answer i normally just buy bundle from here as they know what's best i guess He has
H110M-K INTEL H110 (SOCKET 1151) DDR4 MICRO ATX MOTHERBOARD
{HOPE U GUYS CAN HELP ME} he is trying to use quest 2 on v r raceing and wants to upgrade i can try get u more info on parts what he has if needed thx for reading hope u can help me

Man of Honour
I think that: Asus H110M-K, should work with the 7700K, but it might need a BIOS update first.

The chipset generation that was natively compatible with Kaby Lake CPU is the 200 series, e.g. B250 and Z270.

What's missing from the H110M-K, that he wants to have?

Associate
OP
Another question is it worth him waiting for some extra money and upgrade both motherboard and processor and ram as he is wanting to play I racing on vr quest 2 I am trying to help him but he is tight get lol

Associate
OP
Right update just spoke to him he agree with selling his 7700k and motherboard and ram 16gb right now my next question is what is best for him to get he has £450.00 to buy processor motherboard and ram 16gb maybe just 8gb for now depending on budget I thx u for all your advice best for quest 2 vr he plays loads i racing LOADS thx again guys

Soldato
Right update just spoke to him he agree with selling his 7700k and motherboard and ram 16gb right now my next question is what is best for him to get he has £450.00 to buy processor motherboard and ram 16gb maybe just 8gb for now depending on budget I thx u for all your advice best for quest 2 vr he plays loads i racing LOADS thx again guys
It might take a month or so for stock to settle down with the 5600X but for £450 you would be looking at

£280 5600X
£120 B550
£55 16gb ddr4 3200

£455 total

If you didn't want to wait on the 5600X then the Intel 10600k setup is available now for a similar price.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £453.47 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

Last edited:
Soldato
LOL the guy is asking for a motherboard for a 7700k and yet you lot quote him a CPU that is rarely in stock and to spend more money. Nice advice guys. :)

Best advice is to go 2nd hand and look for B250 and Z270 chipset motherboards as Tertras says.

alternative here is one for £89.99

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...51-ddr4-atx-mining-motherboard-mb-56b-gi.html

(its designed for multiple GPU's/Mining but it would still be ok for your need and in budget and its new)

Associate

LOL the guy is asking for a motherboard for a 7700k and yet you lot quote him a CPU that is rarely in stock and to spend more money. Nice advice guys. :)

Try reading the thread.

Associate
OP
Thx for all your advice guys it’s really hard when u are trying to help others out when u know little about it I have spoken to him and what advice u are given he is going to buy new from overclockers and going to sell his old stuff been looking at the 5600X for him not sure how to link my basket from overclockers like u have done

Soldato
Regardless why advise to buy something that is not in stock ?

He's still going to ring the guy every day asking when it will be in stock ?!

:)
The 10600k is in stock if he doesn't want to wait for a 5600X alternatively he could go also for a 3600 or a 10400F and save a bit of cash.

Both would be better than investing in a dead platform with no future upgrade path and while CPUs like the 7700k still go for good money then why not sell and get something better and that would last a good few years longer than an old quad core which is already starting to struggle in modern titles.

Soldato
The 10600k is in stock if he doesn't want to wait for a 5600X alternatively he could go also for a 3600 or a 10400F and save a bit of cash.

Both would be better than investing in a dead platform with no future upgrade path and while CPUs like the 7700k still go for good money then why not sell and get something better and that would last a good few years longer than an old quad core which is already starting to struggle in modern titles.

Fairy snuff. Bit more informed.

Back
Top Bottom