• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel boost max technology query

Associate
guys i bought a new CPU:

Core i9 9900X

I installed the CPU and somehow I installed or was auto installed the INTEL BOOST MAX TECHNOLOGY 3.0

Now playing Sekiro I get massive FPS drops, I uninstalled the above intel software and now the game runs fine

question is do I need this Intel Boost software, will I now NOT get the boost on my CPU?

no OC on cpu

weirdly even though its successfully installed twice it still appears on my program listing:confused:

Soldato
Yeah normally downloads via MS update AFAIK if you do not have it installed. As for the thing itself, you will still get the boost clocks rated. Turbo Max 3 will normally notch the clock speeds slightly further then what the normal boost clock speed is for 1 or 2 cores, so on your 7900x, two cores could hit 4.5 Ghz with TBM3 vs 4.3 Ghz nominal speed: This article explains it better: https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/turbo_boost_max_technology

normally you can see the two best cores your CPU has in the BIOS with the astrix (*) symbol next to the core (at least that is how it shows up on the ASUS boards I have used)

Largely becomes moot if you manually overclock though, but cant recall big FPS drops when I was running stock on my X299 system (though pretty much manually OC'd after a bit anyways).

So yeah you can uninstall it (though may install again with MS update) but there is a Disable box in top corner if it bothers you / impacts you system:

iK28P5w.png
iK28P5w

Back
Top Bottom