Intel i5 1135G7 vs AMD Ryzen 5 4500U which is better?

Associate
I am about to buy a laptop. Same price and spec except that one comes with an intel i5 1135G7 CPU and the other comes with AMD Ryzen 5 4500U CPU.

The only difference I can see (apart from the discreet GPU brand) is that the AMD comes with a 3 cell battery while the Intel comes with a 4 Cell battery .... but I am only guessing that they will have a similar battery life anyway....

It will be used for browsing, YouTube and some cloud (or browser ) based work applications.

Which is the better cpu?

Soldato
My brother has a budget.hp desktop dual core celeron and that is fine for browsing. Been dual core 2ghz older CPU will be fine

So any will be fine, I'd probably just look at thermal output, power usage, whether it has hyper threading..

Either one will be more than fast enough.

Associate
OP
Personally I'd go with and,. probably less power usage so double check also both should give you hours from charge
Its a DELL Inspiron 15 5000 laptop. The AMD version comes comes with a 3 Cell battery vs 4 Cell on the Intel so safe to assume that the bigger battery on the intel is to match the longer battery life on the AMD.

Soldato
Its a DELL Inspiron 15 5000 laptop. The AMD version comes comes with a 3 Cell battery vs 4 Cell on the Intel so safe to assume that the bigger battery on the intel is to match the longer battery life on the AMD.

Possibly because intel use bit more power? Check number of hours from each laptop, and compare CPU benchmarks. Not that difference will be noticable for your use.

Cooler running CPU means less noise from fan also

Back
Top Bottom