intel processors

Associate
good morning guys

just a little dilema i have and was wandering what you guys fought.
I have an option to upgrade my pc to an intel i7 2600k or intel i3-4150 both at a very good price, but for me to do this i would need change my motherboard too but am unsure what to go, I was thinking th turbov motherboard ?
at mo im running amd bull dozer fx 6100 asrock n68 motherboard 8gb hyper x ram andd 500gb hard drive with 2gb ddr5 zotac 450 graph card

Associate
You might as well wait until 2nd March on AMD's new ryzen releases.
What will you be using the PC for and may I ask what price (or price range) is the 2600k upgrade?

Associate
For a decent second hand socket 1155 motherboard you'll probably be looking at around £130-£150 on ebay. Out of those two CPU's i'd go for the 2600k over the i3 if you want to do any multi-tasking or gaming related activities.

Associate
OP
You might as well wait until 2nd March on AMD's new ryzen releases.
What will you be using the PC for and may I ask what price (or price range) is the 2600k upgrade?

i use my pc for numberous things, gaming, graphic designs for fifa players on ps4, yes the 2600k is going be an upgrade as have amd bulldozer 6100 at mo, price range, depends on motherboard board, new ram and new graphics card, along with a ssd drive and 2tb hard drive

Associate
Considering that you'd be shelling out 150 squids on a USED OBSOLETE board for the sandy i7 I'd say it's a bad buy at this point.

Makes more sense to go Ryzen at this point. That's my answer to everyone looking at i7's. If you don't buy Ryzen you're a fool.

Soldato
I have an option to upgrade my pc to an intel i7 2600k or intel i3-4150 both at a very good price, but for me to do this i would need change my motherboard too but am unsure what to go, I was thinking th turbov motherboard ?

Neither is a good choice. You're just throwing money away. If you have to buy now, and cannot wait for Ryzen, go for a Kaby Lake Pentium G or better:

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £222.47
(includes shipping: £10.50)

Associate
For somebody who was looking at an i7, even an older one, suggesting a Pentium (Even if it is the best pentium to come out in 10+ years) seems kind of odd to me.

Seriously just wait for hex core Ryzen 1500X and buy that with a decent board.

Soldato
What if he doesn't want amd again?

My 4160 i3 is brilliant and would be my pick obviously or rather the 4170 as that's what oc stock, but if you wanted to overclock im sure there be some potential for the i7, but you probably shouldn't spend too much on that age of tech unless you purchased a computer with an i7 2600k system inside for like £200 or less that you then could swap your gpu and power supply if it's good over a long with any useful hard drives, that's how I would go about it if I wanted that old of tech, cheaper than buying individual parts especially from what I've seen in my general browsing,

Associate
OP
thanks all for your comments, its much appreciated, reason i asked about the old i7 was because i did a mate a favour and he had a spare one he was going give me.
hopefully i can get in sorted soon, just as always comes down to money

Back
Top Bottom