Intel TAT

Caporegime
Is it possible to use this as a stress testing program like orthos or prime? If so is it the usual 12 hours for a clocked cpu to be deemed stable or longer for this program? (not got my core 2 yet so afaik all it does is monitor temps)

Soldato
No, because it's not actually measuring stability - just stressing the cores by running operations, it doesn't check the calculation results with what is expected to be returned like Prime/Orthos.

Soldato
hope ya dont mind me steelin your thread for a second :)

On the subject of stress testing, how would i go about running ortho's on a kentsfield? as far as i know it only stresses 2 of the 4 cores. would i have to open up another instance of it to stress the other 2 as well? or open 2 instances and set the affinity accordingly?

Permabanned
cokecan72 said:
hope ya dont mind me steelin your thread for a second :)

On the subject of stress testing, how would i go about running ortho's on a kentsfield? as far as i know it only stresses 2 of the 4 cores. would i have to open up another instance of it to stress the other 2 as well? or open 2 instances and set the affinity accordingly?

Use Quad Core Prime 95. Google it.

I had issues running 2 x Orthos setting affinities...and then found the Quad Prime. Exactly the same as normail Prime95, but runs 4 instances in the same window.

Permabanned
I found another little app which is really good. Does FPU calcs, and really heats the provessor up. Its called CPU burn in, tiny app, and again found it on Google. You just double click it 4 times, and each instance locks onto a core. You then set the amount of time for it to run, and then just watch the temps go sKy high!!!

Soldato
Why did I use the word you're :( .

I read on XtremeSystems that TAT is written by another party and not Intel, and wasn't made to read C2D's.

Some users, mainly DFI P965-S Dark and Abit QuadGT users can't get TAT to work correctly.

Back
Top Bottom