Intel xeon e3-1270 v6 motherboard

Associate
Hi guys

Its my first post here, so i would firstly like to say hello. Im a PC enthusiast and my job involves working with pc's so i know a bit about them.

I have been given a Dell precision 3420 SFF device to keep and the specs are quite decent for a free machine. It has a Intel xeon e3-1270 v6 processor 32gb ddr4 ram snd a 512gb nvme drive. However as its a precision it has a Nvidia p1000 graphics card snd only a small 225W power supply i think.

I have a Asus Strix GTX 960 in my current build which i want to use with this and a 500w modular cpu. Now i know this case can only take a low profile graphics card which is an option, but probs my last option.

Im currently exploring the route of a new motherboard and a different case. But i need some help with motherboard compatibility please. The processor is from the Kaby lake gen and is a socket 1151 with 14nm lithography. My problem is finding a motherboard that is compatible. I have seen 1151 socket motherboards but these are for8th gen coffeelake and from what i know the cpus fit but are not compatible.

Would anyone be able to help please? Many thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom