Intel Z390 Overclocked Bundles help to pick one ....

Associate
Soldato
You not open to a Ryzen cpu?

As for Intel I would be looking at a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus board over Asus as you get a stronger VRM at any given price point. The value for money option is Ryzen though.

Soldato
@8myers8

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,456.05 (includes shipping: £11.10)​

Saves cash, just enable MCE - multicore enhancement yourself and should run 4.9 GHz all cores .

2080 super asking price is too steep for what it offers .

Ryzen , though @tamzzy will guide you have to get better 3600hx 32gb ram

Total: £1,427.04 (includes shipping: £11.10)​

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replys back on this , think i am still going to get a 8 pack bundle , as the overclocking is done for me , as in all my 43 years i still never overclocked any off my PCs , so think best sumone who knows wat there doing does it right :)

@lee32uk yes i will look at the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus board bundle too , thanks a lot ...
@orbitalwalsh thanks so much for taking the time to do the basket lists , i will keep them in mind mate .

Soldato
MCE and AMD PBO makes manual clocking pretty much obsolete, unless your looking to push ever hz out of the system and it running less volts

Total: £1,005.49 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

Soldato
thanks @orbitalwalsh , i have all ways had asus , but the more i read up on the gigabye z390 ultra i am pushing towards this now

been known for gigabyte doing the best z390 boards after a shocking Z370 line up. Many vendors kept same VRM set up or slight upgrade... Gigabyte tripled everything .

you'll also see all their range features 12 phase count and only the master had slightly better components - bit of a marketing overkill. X570 still has higher count but there is more differences between each model's VRM level

Soldato
@orbitalwalsh i know u linked the i7 one with gigabyte , or should i pay abit more for the i9 bundle with gigabyte board .....thanks for the help on this ...

To be honest I'm games, pretty much equal .
Maybe when games are better optimised for threads , it could make a slight difference, but 9700k is 8 core 8 thread CPU and it matches and beats it's older 8700k 6 core 12 Thread unit .

Depends on the games your playing. Worth having a look at bench marks of the two, but 9700k is the gamers CPU . Also runs cooler .

If you were to stream , then yeah 9900k.

Back
Top Bottom