Interesting new Gigabyte keyboard...

Caporegime
Long time coming to market. They had working examples at trade shoaw back in March 2008 but were having "design" issues before releasing it retail.

And reported price is meant to be $113 = £81 over here so not bad but not great.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow. brilliant, fantastic, and many other superlatives! ...it's got nicer styling than my IBM Model M at least, finally what 'seems' like a half decent mechanical keyboard, and it's not beige.

Soldato
Is this METAL construction? I have been looking for a nice metal keyboard for ages! Once I see the typing reviews I might purchase this...

Weight is 1.5kg, sounds fairly heavy?

Soldato
Is this METAL construction? I have been looking for a nice metal keyboard for ages! Once I see the typing reviews I might purchase this...

Weight is 1.5kg, sounds fairly heavy?
I don't get the impression it's metal, 1.5KG isn't particulary heavy, I suppose it is by todays standards but I compare all keyboards to the IBM Model M, that's heavier than that.

Associate
They're better for typing on, in my opinion, but I wouldn't say they have any advantage in gaming etc. Typing is very subjective, so I'd never buy one without trying it first.

Soldato
I shall be buying one of those to replace my ageing Raptor K1,tried a G11 but found it to be very poor & the keys too spongey compaired to a good mechanical keyboard.

"The worlds first mechanical gaming keyboard"

I thought that would be the Raptor K1? i've had mine for around 5 years or so.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom