Interesting new twist in Jon Obi Mikel transfer

Associate
Looks like the issue may get another airing:

Norwegian News

Not been much of a pick up yet:

Sky Sports

So - if Lyn Oslo did not actually have a legal contract with Mikel, they had no right to accept an offer for the player and assign that contract to Manchester United is what I understand this to mean (This in no way is held as a charge against Manchester United, I very much doubt they were aware this).
It could also explain the players response after the "signing" for Manchester Untied that he felt pressured to do so (look - we own your contract, here it is, if we say you are sold to Manchester United you are sold to Manchester United) - so he goes along with it and says how happy he is to sign up, then finds out afterwards that he has been maneuvered into it, and wants to actually take the offer from Chelsea.
<shrugs>
So - not just agents with their fingers in the tin.

Personally - I think that Chelsea and Manchester United have worked it out best - one has the player they want and who has expressed a strong desire to play for them, the other has some wedge for their hassle. Think both clubs have also signed a non disclosue so doubt we'll hear anything from them.

Not got a great deal to do with Chelsea as they signed him from Utd. Utd may get whatever they spent on him back though.

Whatever the outcome Chelsea have got the best of the deal, he's a great, young player and in hindsight £8m x2 is nothing in comparison to money being spent on players who might be good enough in the PL :)

He certainly started to show his class towards the end of last season, bit like Essien really started slow, but then grew in stature.

Back
Top Bottom