Intermittent 'stutter' on BMW 120d

Soldato
A friend of mine has a 14 plate BMW 120d Xdrive M Sport and it seems to have an intermittent judder/stutter when accelerating, noticeable in lower gears when pulling off and a stronger stutter when accelerating harder. It's like there's a series of momentary losses of power, and you can feel it's not smooth through the acceleration.

Any ideas, does that sound like anything obvious?

Associate
A friend of mine has a 14 plate BMW 120d Xdrive M Sport and it seems to have an intermittent judder/stutter when accelerating, noticeable in lower gears when pulling off and a stronger stutter when accelerating harder. It's like there's a series of momentary losses of power, and you can feel it's not smooth through the acceleration.

Any ideas, does that sound like anything obvious?
Check tyre thread.
Disparity of 3mm or more will cause false reading as slippage, and costly damage. May be the 4wd system kicking in.
Or simply fuel.

Soldato
OP
Could be many things! What's the service history like on it?

Pretty good afaik and more than likely all BMW.

I did say to her it could probably be many things, just thought I'd ask on here to see if it was a common symptom of something.

I've told her now the best bet is just to take it in to the garage and get them to plug it in to see if anything comes up on the diagnostic.

Thanks for all the other replies.

Caporegime
Pretty good afaik and more than likely all BMW.

I did say to her it could probably be many things, just thought I'd ask on here to see if it was a common symptom of something.

I've told her now the best bet is just to take it in to the garage and get them to plug it in to see if anything comes up on the diagnostic.

Thanks for all the other replies.

My go to problem would, unfortunately, be a problem with the flywheel. I managed to get a replacement under warranty though so if she has extended she may be ok!

Back
Top Bottom