Internal door fitting

Soldato
I have an opening from our kitchen to conservatory which is 970mm wide (plastered surface to plastered surface). I want to install an internal bi-fold door like this: https://www.leaderdoors.co.uk/liber...er-4-light-clear-glass-door-ios4lcgbf-p108134

The widest version they offer is 838mm. For which the recommended structural opening appears to be 924mm Is it possible to make this fit without looking naff? If so, how?

Thanks.

We had a similar issue with our opening from the lounge to orangery, though ours was 2 doors wide and still some.

The guy who we gave to did a good job today shrink the gap without it looking bad.

First he shrunk the gap with mdf. Then installed a new door frame and door. And then put a wider architrave all at the edge both sides and it worked really well. You'd never know that under the architrave is wood. It does look different to the rest of our doors but not bad

Sounds about what I'd like to do. Any photos?
When it hits midnight I can use the app imgur and put a photo up for you.

I forgot actually it was slightly different to how I described above, though that perhaps suggests how forgettable and unnoticeable the solution was. But also our gap was way bigger than what you need to bring yours down from.

XajMI2Q.jpg

Associate
As above - just stud it out - 25mm ply / mdf whatever and use larger architrave. Pretty common method to be fair! More timber = better mechanical fixing too. So good all round!!

Associate
I have an opening from our kitchen to conservatory which is 970mm wide (plastered surface to plastered surface). I want to install an internal bi-fold door like this: https://www.leaderdoors.co.uk/liber...er-4-light-clear-glass-door-ios4lcgbf-p108134

The widest version they offer is 838mm. For which the recommended structural opening appears to be 924mm Is it possible to make this fit without looking naff? If so, how?

Thanks.
I'd avoid Leader doors like the plauge! Brought a door off them and it warped like buggery not long after fitting. Needless to say they werent interested in the slightest despite having a suposed 10 year guarantee!

Back
Top Bottom