Internal & External Web server Access

Permabanned
Ok sorry if this is not the right place, but wasnt quite sure whether this came under Windows/HTML/network or what, so mods/admins please move if needed.

Anyways, we have an internal web server on our network.

We are hosting an intranet site on it, but also another site which allows external access to staff to our system.

At the moment people going to our IP from external get the external web page access, however people going to the internal IP of the server from our network, also get the same page, so they have to entrer the full address of the intranet (i.e. webserver1/seditio/index.php).

what I want is so that the default page for the internal users when they enter "webserve1" in the address bar is our intranet site and to keep it so external users get the web login thing that they already get.

Permabanned
OP
There doesnt seem to be an option for website identification under the properties for the website.

See:

seditio8ro.png

Associate
The_KiD said:
Anyways, we have an internal web server on our network.

We are hosting an intranet site on it, but also another site which allows external access to staff to our system.

How is this being done? Is your web server multi-honed with NIC's facing your LAN and WAN/DMZ?

Or is your router/firewall configured to provide port mapping via NAT?

The_KiD said:
At the moment people going to our IP from external get the external web page access, however people going to the internal IP of the server from our network, also get the same page, so they have to entrer the full address of the intranet (i.e. webserver1/seditio/index.php).

This sounds like a port mapping solution via NAT. If thats the case then the best way to remove the login for external users is to secure your site via AD. Any users on your network will then be authenticated via AD and IIS wont ask for credentials. If the login page is proprietary then thats not gonna fly.

The_KiD said:
what I want is so that the default page for the internal users when they enter "webserve1" in the address bar is our intranet site and to keep it so external users get the web login thing that they already get.

I'd plum for AD authentication.

Permabanned
OP
ok so now you lost me :)

I am not a web admin, nor master of the IIS side of things.

All I know is that anything hitting our external IP address is redirected to our Citrix web client log in.

However if someone internal goes the internal address of the web server they go to the same page.

I want to change the internal guys so they hit a different page on the same server.

Associate
The_KiD said:
ok so now you lost me :)

I am not a web admin, nor master of the IIS side of things.

All I know is that anything hitting our external IP address is redirected to our Citrix web client log in.

However if someone internal goes the internal address of the web server they go to the same page.

I want to change the internal guys so they hit a different page on the same server.

My advice...... go and get a hold of your IS manager or someone who does know about these things. With the inclusion of Citrix your environment sounds more complex than your giving it credit.

But, to answer your question specifically you could setup a new site in IIS and point it to the same root folder and give it a different home page address. There is possibly another method but I dont have the site properties screen to hand.

Back
Top Bottom