Internet Explorer and Outlook issues.

Associate
I have had two problems come up on a computer here and I cant seem to find what is causing it. I think they are probably related.

The first Issue:

Internet explorer. It seems to be blocking Java or some other part of the code. Bits of web pages are missing but if you didnt know they where there you wouldnt notice. Installed Firefox which is working fine. Controls on web forums will not work (seems to be java).

Outlook. She cant print any emails that are in HTML format. RTF formatted emails are printing ok though. There are no error messages, it appears to print but doesnt actually send.

I have reset all the security settings for outlook/internet explorer to default, i have checked to make sure java, etc is enabled. It is using Avast AV so I have disabled this and still the same problem.

I have stopped all other applications from running incase something there was blocking things but no joy.

Any suggestions would be great. There has been no changes made to the PC recently.

Edit: It seems that HTML pages wont print from Internet explorer either. Seems to be one of the shared settings that they have. Everything else prints fine.

Associate
OP
It was the full IE7 and outllok 2003. No idea what the problem was but it got to a point where when you tried to print with outlook or do anything in Internet explorer it closed the program down.

I have resorted to installing one of the back up pc's and will do a fresh install on it over the weekend.

Major pain in the arse though.

Associate
OP
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!

Set up a new Pc and made the mistake of using the files and settings wizrd. New install now has same problem.

ANY suggestions please on WTF this could be!!!!!!!!!

Associate
Try setting the security level in IE to low, apply and then set it back to what you want.
There seems to be a bug that sometimes it doesn't reset every setting. I'm not sure if this is the case in your problem but I would give it a go to be sure.

Associate
OP
Yep did that, also manually went through and put everything to allow/enabled and it didnt make any difference.

Really at a loss as to what it could be. I have seen a couple of things on the net where people describe the same problem but have seen no solution.

Back
Top Bottom