Internet Radio (Commercial Stations) & Software

Associate
Because we have a huge Internet Pipe at work, I've starting making use of Internet Radio.

We (me and my colleagues) listen to a variety of Stations, BBC, Virgin, Classic FM etc. But the problem we have is having Internet explorer open all the time, and then it keeps getting shut by accident.

Whats the best software to use, which can be minimized, sit in system tray etc, and stream audio (and maybe record it) all day.

This would be for Window XP.

Cheers

Soldato
Open the radio streams in WMP or Realplayer, copy n paste the url from the webpage you are on.

I don't think I've seen BBC etc on Winamp. Have a look over at shoutcast.com for radio stations. Winamp just lists the shoutcast stations.

Soldato
Normally some stations have the choice to listen through certain players... the station I work for (See siggy) give you the choice of a variety of players, but most of the time, Winamp is the best for internet radio :)

Soldato
And if you did want to use the taskbar version of WMP on your desktop, you can just enter the URL of the stream you want to listen to and just minimise it :)

Back
Top Bottom