** INTRODUCING KOLINK - REDEFINING AFFORDABLE QUALITY **

Soldato
I was just looking at the pics of the Satellite more closely. Looks like it's actually for mini-ITX boards. But because of the extra depth, it might fit some micro-ATX too. It only has two expansion slots though, so definitely a mini-ITX case I'd say.

Soldato
Like @Danny75, I'm not sure the Satellite Cube case is really mATX. Looking at the back picture with only two slot brackets it looks very much like an ITX case. Indeed, it looks very much like the Coolermaster CM110 both externally and internally (check the HDD mounting plate that goes across the top, and the one at the side) except that it's extended with the PSU mounted internally and the front plate rotated to put the USB sockets where they should be - on top. If it is an ITX case, that would be very nice indeed.

Don
None of which are the psu's for sale here.

Clearly not, but gives you a rough idea of the quality of the OEM - it's unlikely they will cut many corners, especially given 80+ certification pretty much mandates a certain level of quality.

No different to other PSU "rebranders", which build a reputation by using quality OEMs to produce their PSUs - clearly when it has been discovered in the past that they have then switched to cheaper lower quality OEMs then end users complain.

Soldato
Good spot, it's 220mm with a VGA card under 190mm, 140mm without. Generally the Satellite will take the majority of Micro-ATX boards but inevitably with it being a small chassis there may be some strangely sized boards that won't fit.

Now I am getting confused!

The first board I looked at... the Asus Z97M-Plus is 24.4mm x 22.4mm so I guess that would be too large.

Are you aware of any Asus Micro-ATX boards which would fit OK into this particular case?

Thanks! :)

Edit: I have also been looking at the Asus mini-ITX Z97I-Plus board which is 17cm x 17cm but at just under £150 it ain't cheap!

Ah well, back to the drawing board! ;)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Now I am getting confused!

The first board I looked at... the Asus Z97M-Plus is 24.4mm x 22.4mm so I guess that would be too large.

Are you aware of any Asus Micro-ATX boards which would fit OK into this particular case?

Thanks! :)

Edit: I have also been looking at the Asus mini-ITX Z97I-Plus board which is 17cm x 17cm but at just under £150 it ain't cheap!

Ah well, back to the drawing board! ;)

H81M models fit, I checked with the factory and can confirm it will take Micro-ATX boards up to 23cm x 19cm, but with having 2 expansion slots, only single card setups will be possible.

Soldato
H81M models fit, I checked with the factory and can confirm it will take Micro-ATX boards up to 23cm x 19cm, but with having 2 expansion slots, only single card setups will be possible.

Thanks for your reply Chug... I am currently looking at the H81I-Plus Intel H81 (Socket 1150) DDR3 Mini ITX Motherboard which should fit OK, although I was hoping to find a suitable Asus board with a slightly more recent chip-set.

These all appear to be a bit too highly priced for me at the moment though, so I might post in one of the other threads on here, to see if anyone can come up with some good suggestions for me.

Back
Top Bottom