iOS 18

Soldato
I'm still not sold on AI, but the RCS support is a good thing, and I have found myself liking some of the visionOS shots so I'd be curious if, and how, that gets translated to the iPhone too.

Soldato
OP
I use my Mac Studio far more than my iPhone so I hope some of these changes come to macOS. I already pay for ChatGPT and Github Copilot so if I could cancel both of them and use an Apple versions that'll probably be much better for me.

Soldato
Hope RCS messaging is done properly (…and that my SE 2020 supports iOS 18)
Given the recent EU ruling around iMessage i wouldn't be surprised if Apple drag their feet, or even backtrack with some reasoning like 'security', on RCS as it was predominantly a knee jerk reaction to the DMA and they've been set against implementing it for a fair few years.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Apple feel so far behind in the AI/ML front - hopefully this year will show something more up-to-date.
They have historically always been behind on a lot of new tech, as they like to test it thoroughly rather than release some half arsed beta version like *ahem* competitors.

Associate
They have historically always been behind on a lot of new tech, as they like to test it thoroughly rather than release some half arsed beta version like *ahem* competitors.
While that usually is the case, Siri, etc. has been garbage forever - even the basic version of Alexa is more reliable for simple voice command tasks. Apple have the hardware, they just need the software to catch-up.

Last edited:
Soldato
The majority of the competitors are miles ahead with what AI/ML they offer, especially on their mobile platforms like with Google/Android, and you could argue perhaps Apple have prioritised other products/areas, like Silicon, but from the outside it looks they're a fair few years behind others, ie - Google demoed Call Assistant back in 2018.
It will certainly be interesting to see where Apple are currently with AI/ML though; maybe they will release something impressive come iOS 18 and other OS releases.

Back
Top Bottom