iOS 5.1 discussion

Soldato
Pulling away from the iPad launch thread...

I'm happy so far. The camera on lock screen is a nice touch, and for whatever reason, Personal Hotspot is now an option that I didn't have before 5.1 (O2, 4S). I haven't really had any battery problems with phantom usage, but maybe I'll see an improvement in overall life.

Edit: As pointing out in the launch thread, as soon as you upgrade to 5.1, all Apple apps require an update (this isn't restricted to GarageBand, Pages etc, it even means iBooks, Remote, iTunes U etc).

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm still waiting for the day Apple just let your wallpaper show on the lock screen whilst charging instead of the humongous battery logo! :(

Soldato
OP
- Looks like pin lock is useless now, one can open camera from home screen, and then move to browse gallery/camera roll with all the options without unlocking?

Nope, opening the camera from the lock screen with a passcode starts a new "session" every time. So when you do that, there is nothing in the "camera roll" apart from the pictures you take at the same time. You cannot view anything further back without entering the PIN code to unlock the phone. Similarly, if you take a few pictures on the lock screen, then swipe the camera back down to the lock screen, those photo's become part of the true camera roll, and will not be available the next time you reopen the camera from the lock screen.

Back
Top Bottom