IOSH Managing safety

Associate
Work have recently asked me to do this qualification as they want me to get more involved into the Health and Safety aspects at work.

I have no experience in Health & Safety apart from the basic principles.

So just wondering if anyone has done this course and could tell me what to expect.

This will be done by E-learning.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi Bounce,

Sadly I've had to do it in the past an I was thoroughly bored.

Risk assessments, risk assessments then more risk assessments over three days!!! There were a few attendees that were totally into it and were always on about going further with a health and safety career.

It really depends if you are that way inclined.

Soldato
It’s pretty much the minimum level for putting people to work. I’ve done it recently and the course is much better than it was 10 years ago. Quite sobering at times. It’s about walking you through the health and safety law and the minimum adherence to the regulations to keep you out of jail. It can be a bit dry normally takes 4 or 5 days if done throughly in a classroom environment. It’s not difficult exactly and the course work is very basic.

Soldato
I completed it a couple weeks ago, I'm assuming your doing the ncrq safety for managers as it's free at the moment during lockdown. It was actually a very enjoyable course that I finished in less than 2 days. It treats you as if you have never been involved with health and safety.

Back
Top Bottom